Tears and Humiliation😭

Pic of Kelsey on the side-Played by the beautiful Emma Stone.

Ava's pov-

There I was in the cafeteria with my best friend since diapers, Kelsey, who was trying to calm me down because I was too damn nervous about my meeting with Dylan.

I mean I literally confessed my feelings for him, yeah, it must be a joke that I started loving him since I saw him for the first time.

But there was a secret that only I know. I'd known him since my childhood days, he may not have remembered me but I did. How could I even forget?
My family went on a vacation when I was 3. And I got lost, yeah, I got lost. We were camping and after seeing a butterfly I went after it. My mom and dad and Jake were sleeping, it was 5 in the morning and I literally sneaked through the tent after the butterfly. And you must have imagined what happened next...I got lost.

I was crying and shouting in the middle of the forest with no one by my side. That's when I saw him, he was lost too. We spent the whole time together until our families found us. His blue eyes ... I could never forget them. Never ever. Even when we parted ways he gave me his handkerchief as a memento and I gave him my scarf. I could never ever forget that day.

And that the reason why when I saw him that day I was instantly attracted towards him. I knew it was him from the first moment. I didn't know if he remembered me or not. I was pretty sure he didn't because if he did he would have said something. But then again I had remembered everything and I didn't say anything either. So I was not exactly sure about it.

I didn't know how long I was lost in thought for until... "Ave! Ave! What the hell are you thinking about? Are you in some different dimension? Zoning out like that." Kelsey was literally shouting in my ear.

"Oh god! I'm really sorry Elsa for not listening to you. I'm just too nervous and scared because I actually confessed my feelings for a person I met years ago and he must think I’m a freak. I mean what will he say?" I snapped sarcastically at her.

And then I noticed she was not listening to me but was looking behind me. I turned around and oh god, Dylan was standing right behind me. Holy puppies!
I looked at Kelsey with an unsure look in my eyes. She understood everything in that instant.

Next thing I heard was. "Hey you! New boy. See don't you dare scare her okay. She is already nervous and if you make her cry I will kick you in your happy place making it not so happy."

WTF!

Whattttttttttt!!!!!!!!! She said that to him. Like really. That was absolutely embarrassing now. I knew she was weird. My best friend. Goodness lord but that was...I was speechless.

And then I looked back at Dylan who just smirked at her and I knew he was going to say something. He was angry and acting sarcastic. His expression screamed, run for your life!

"Ok. Don't worry. I just need five minutes with her. So can you leave us alone?" He asked politely.

I was shocked and seeing the look on Kelsey's face I was pretty sure she was too. She just nodded and waved at me leaving me alone with him.

Dylan’s POV-

Her best friend really is crazy…
Threatening me like that. For a moment I just wanted to say something back at her but I controlled myself after looking at Ava. She looked so scared and nervous. Throwing remarks at her best friend would have made the situation worst. I didn't know why but I didn't want to see her like that.

Never mind.

So now with that hot-headed red head gone I was alone with this little Cupcake. She was looking at the ground. I had the urge to laugh.

"Umm hey so…like about yesterday. I was just joking you know. I didn't know you actually liked me. I just wanted to kid around…so…I'm sorry but I don't like you...I mean…yeah."

I didn't know how to finish that sentence when I noticed that she was still looking at the ground. Not even looking at me once. There was a can of coke in her hands, I didn't know how it happened but suddenly she spilled it on me.

Did she do it purposely?

"Why the hell did you do that?! You silly girl. Now you are so stupid and timid. Here I was thinking how to explain it to you and all you are doing in staring down. You are so dumb and you think that you and I can have something. Wow wow wow. I'm glad to remind you shorty but you're not my type. I don't do dumbos.”

I didn't know what made me shout like that. I thought she did it by accident -the coke thing. I was to apologize at that instant but then I looked at her. Tears were falling freely from those beautiful green orbs and I was feeling so guilty. The next thing I knew, she took her bag and practically ran away.

I just kept looking in that direction where she ran off to feeling ashamed and guilty. I mean the whole cafeteria was filled with students.

Everyone saw that, I literally insulted her and her feelings publicly. Shit! You are one real asshole Dylan Vanderbilt.

"Hey!! Man you shouldn't have done that. I mean...you know she is one of the quietest and sweet girls in this school and you acted like a complete moron to her. You shouldn't have done that." Brandon said.

"I know and I'm going to find her and talk to her. I'll see you later man."

With that I went off to find Cupcake.
I hoped she’d hear me out.

Wow!!...Dylan really behaved like a jerk..hmm..but he's guilty too..let's see what happens next..and..yes we finally found the secret behind Ava's sudden love for him..hmm..childhood sweethearts.