7- Christmas Day

This Chapter is dedicated to my fans and here they are
Loving_kili
Tekkanlord
Touchmeimfamous
NoddlesakaTaylor
AlexandraRose

Thanks so much for reading, sorry if I didn't mention your name, Sorry, I can't remember a lot :(

P.s I'VE GOT OVER 50 VEIWS! OMG YOU GUYS ARE AMAZE-BALLS, I COULDN'T STOP SQUEALING WHEN I FOUND OUT THIS NEWS, YOU GUYS ARE JUST AWESOME FOR 10EVR!

Hope you enjoy
--------------------------------------//-/--------//-/---------------------
WHOOSH

"We're home," Mum said stepping out of the fireplace and into our living room. I slowly stepped out of the fireplace and pulled my trunk out from behind me.

"Home," I breathed. "Mum, can I sleep in tomorrow?" I asked. Mum frowned.

"I was hoping that we could do something,"

I didn't like ditching Mum, especially since I haven't seen her in 4 months. "I'll go see her maybe next week, I can't wait to do stuff with you tomorrow," I said while grabbing my trunk and hauling it up the stairs. When I finally got to the top of the stairs, and I hauled my bag down the hallway and to the end door.

I opened the door and I was standing in my room. I grabbed my trunk and plonked it onto my bed. I unlocked my trunk and started to put my clothes away.

++++++++++10 mins later++++++++

I walked back downstairs after having a shower and getting into my pyjamas.

"Mum?" I said to an empty kitchen.

"I'm in the Living room sweetie," I heard her say. I walked into the living room, where mum was reading the Daily Prophet. "You going to bed?"

"Yer, I'm a bit tired," she kissed my forehead.

"Night Avery,"

"Night mum,"

I walked upstairs, to my room and started to read the tale of the deathly Hallows, I don't know what's about it, but it doesn't scare me or worry me at all. Once I finished the story I decided to study my divinations and History of Magic which was absolutely boring. Once I finished the chapter about the Salem witches and how they didn't feel a thing when they got burned, I fell fast asleep.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Avery, go get dressed please," Mum shouted from he kitchen. When I woke up this morning, I decided that I would chose my white jeans that had rips in them, my blue jumper, my black trainers and red velvet clock that my mum made me and I put them on. When I was ready, I raced downstairs to the fire place.

"Where are we going?" I asked mum.

"I think that we should go to Diagon alley and if your really good, we can maybe have a look around London?" Mum suggested. I nodded along with smiling like an idiot.

"Can I do it today?"

"Sure,"

I grabbed a handful of Floo powder in my hand. "Diagon Alley," I said clearly and we took off. We found ourselves outside the store Madame Laney's majestical creatures.

"Where to first?" I asked mum as we started to walk down the Main Street.

"Hm, how about we get some christmas presents?"

"Mum, can I get my friends a small present each?"

"Sure, but make sure you have some money,"

I opened my bag (I love my bag! Even though its small, it's still beautiful) and grabbed my purse and counted how much coins I have. I had 100 Knuts, 78 sickles and no gallons. "I have money, now where to first?"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After going to get some ice cream for mum and me as a present for taking me out today, I found mum holding a cage with an owl in it. It was a beautiful snowy owl. "Merry Christmas, Avery," I handed mum the ice cream and I adored my owl.

"He's beautiful mum," I exclaimed happily.

"His name is DragonsBreath,"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said hugging her tightly. "Now what do we do?"

*++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When we arrived home, we started to put the tree up for Christmas which was only a day away. I wrapped he presents I got for Mum, Dad, the awesome foursome and my relatives. I got Ginny a friendship bracelet with a unicorn and wolf on it, Hermione a book about the ancient runes of Aztec wizards and witches, Ron a joke product that makes you turn into a ghost and Harry my firebolt that he can borrow. It was weird that dad wasn't here though, everything seemed, unusual.

"I hope dads alright,"

"Of course he's fine Avery, how about you write him a letter," Mum suggested as she started to wrap up more presents. I nodded and got some parchment and quill. I walked down the stairs to the kitchen table and I let DragonsBreath out of his cage. I started to write.

Dear Dad,
I hope you are getting the treatment you need. Mum and I do really miss you, I hope you like the owl that I got for Christmas, his name is DragonsBreath, quite unusual but very creative. I'll see you on Christmas Day. Like I said before, mum and I really miss you, can't wait to see you
Love Avery
P.s DragonBreath does steal people's food.

I slipped it into an envelope, sealed it up with a red ribbon and handed it to DragonBreath before he took off to Hogwarts. As he flew out the window, I studied his wings and how they sinker in with the wind. I raced back to mum and helped her with the rest of the decorating because my Aunt Lucinda, Uncle Xenix, Aunt Willow, Uncle Zenro and my cousins Mina, Brian, Isla (who were Aunt Willow and Uncle Zenro's children) Odette, Felix, Emerald, Lucifer and Godric (who were Aunt Lucinda and Uncle Xenix's children) was coming over for a Christmas feast.

The doorbell suddenly rang. "Avery, can you please go answer that?" Mum asked taking a roasted chicken out of the oven. I walked to our door and I saw Aunt Lucinda and Uncle Xenix were at the door with their 5 children.

"Hello Avery, Merry Christmas," Aunt Lucy said hugging me.

"Merry Christmas,"

"How's Hogwarts?" Odette asked. She had dyed her hair pink, last time it was white.

"It's brilliant,"

"Do you know Harry Potter?" My youngest cousin Godric asked. He was a big admirer of Harry.

"Yes Godric, I'm actually friends with him, but please come in," I watched as Godric's eyes lit up and they all walked through the door. The last one to come in was Emerald. She was in the year above me at Beauxbatons along with my other cousin Isla while Odette was in her final year and Mina was in her first year at Beauxbatons.

"Hi Emerald,"

"Hi Avery," she said hugging me. It had been so long since I've seen her. "How you've been with-,"

"The werewolf problem, it's actually going well, but Dad had to stay at Hogwarts because he could get a better treatment there," I said as we linked our arms and walked into the kitchen.

"Avery, can you go upstairs and get change?" Mum asked.

I nodded. "Come on Em and Odette, help me chose something," it may only be a small family dinner, but everyone looked pretty nice. The 2 Portus girls (AN- Lucindais Remus's older sister and Zenro is his younger brother) and I walked upstairs to my wardrobe that was calling me.

"How about this?" Emerald suggested while holding up a pair of black jeans and a purplish blue top. I nodded and they walked out of the room while I got dressed. I grabbed my little black box that I wanted to show them.

"I'm done," I said as I opened the door. We walked down to the Living room and we sat neat the fire place. I placed the box in the middle of the circle tht we were sitting in.

"What's that?" Odette asked.

"Well, my dear girl, this is what one will call a box," Emerald said in a posh accent. Odette smacked her lightly on the back of her head.

"I know what it is, but what is it to Avery,"

"Ohh,"

"This is my little treasure box, it has all my stuff from since I was a baby,". After opening it and looking through it, the door rang again. "I'll get it!" I shouted and I stood and walked to the door. I opened and my Aunt Willow and uncle Zenro were standing there.

"Please come,"

"How wonderful to see my niece," Uncle Zenro said pulling me into a hug. "How have you been feeling?"

"I'm fine Uncle, I've got the potion,"

"Dad what's she talking about?" My second youngest cousin Brian asked walking through the door. All my family knew about my inheritance except the younger children, but they knew that their uncle was a werewolf.

"Don't worry, how about you go play with Godric?" I suggested and he did just that.

Then 2 girls walked in. "Hi Avery," my cousin Mina said.

"Hi Ave," Isla said also hugging me.

"Hello, come into the living room," they followed me and we sat down talking about Beauxbatons and who Mina has. All the boys went to Drumstrings. Felix was in his final year along, Lucifer was in his 6th year but Brian and Godric would be starting at Drumstrings when I'm in my 5th year.

"GIRLS! DINNER!" Mum shouted and we walked over to he kitchen. I told everyone about Hogwarts and about how Dad was an excellent teacher. We were happily chatting when DragonsBreath came in and landed on my shoulder.

"Who's this lovely creature?" Aunt Willow asked.

"Can I pat him?" Brain asked. I nodded and Dragon was happy just being struck by a million hands. He opened his beak and a letter dropped in my lap. I teared it open and read it.

Dear Avery
The owl is a fine creature, but sadly he stole all my chocolate. I hope you like him, your mother and I had our eyes on him since he arrived in the pet store. I can't wait to see you in a days time. Avery, your friend Harry has asked about if he could get some lessons from you and I to teach him how to fight off Dementors, so when you come back, go to my classroom straight away.
Love Dad

I laughed at how Dragon stole his chocolate and continued with our dinner.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I'll see you guys soon," I said to all my cousins as we went into a massive group hug.

"I love my present," Felix said commenting on the quidditch guards we gave him.

"I hope you do, and thank you for my present,"

"PROTUS CHILDREN, WE NEED TO GO!" Aunt Lucinda shouted which made all of us laugh.

"SAME WITH YOU LUPINs!" Uncle Zenro shouted.

"Bye," I said to them as they walked different directions. I closed the door, said goodnight to mum and headed to bed.

++++++++++++++++++Christmas Day++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Shhhh, they'll be down in a second," Professor McGonagall ordered to DragonBreath who was squeaking on my shoulder, then she left. I could hear Ron, harry, Hermione and Ginny arguing. Mum and arrived at Hogwarts at 6:00 in the morning and I wanted to surprise the 4 of them.

"Blimey Ron, I think your hearing things!" I heard Ginny say.

"I am not! Someone go downstairs to check,"

"How about we all go downstairs and check?"

"I think Harry has common sense," I heard Hermione as she opened the door. I heard multiple footsteps. When they were at the bottom of the stairs, that was my cue.

"I've been expecting you," I said in a creepy voice and stood up. "And I do believe Ron wasn't hearing things,"

"Avery!" Ginny squealed and she ran over with the 3 of them and hugged me. She noticed DragonBreath. "Oh, is this your owl, he's gorgeous,"

"I got him for Christmas,"

"What's his name?" Harry asked

"DragonsBreath,"

"That's unusual, but a wonderful name for an owl," Ron said sarcastically. I slapped him on the back of the head and he whined. "Ow!"

"That's what I would've done," Hermione agreed.

"Merry Christmas," I said to them after walking to the tree and getting their present. When everyone opened their presents, they were gobsmacked

"Oh Avery, this is beautiful, thank you," Ginny said happily as she studied the bracelet.

"Your the unicorn and I'm the wolf," I turned to Harry, but he already attacked me with a hug.

"Thank you for letting me borrow this!"

"It's alright, anything for Gryfinndor to win," I said smiling.

"Ron! Where is Ron," Ginny wandered.

"I think he already tried out his present," I laughed.

"Thanks Avery for the book, it will be wonderful for ancient runes essays,"

"How about we go to the Christmas breakfast?" I suggested.

"Wait, we've got you presents aswell," Ginny said happily passing me a package. I carefully ripped the wrapping and I was presented with a purple jumper with a 'A' in gold on it. "Mum made it,"

"Thank you Gin," I said hugging her. Next, Hermione came and handed me a box. I opened a lid and I found muggle books in there. It had a copy of 'the lion the witch and the wardrobe' and a copy of 'The Great Gatsby'.

"How did you know?! Thank you 'Mione," I said hugging her to death.

"I've never seen someone so happy about muggle books before," Ron said before passing me a package that looked similar to Ginny's. I unwrapped it and a scarf that was red and gold sat there.

"Thank you, I can wear it to the quidditche matches!" I was tapped on the shoulder and I came face to face with Harry. He placed a square object in my hands and told me to open it. When I was done opening it, I saw a picture of me, Hermione, Ron, Ginny and Harry smiling and laughing together in the common room. Everyone looked better then me because I was sick a couple of days before.

"I got Colin crevy to take a picture when we were mucking around," Harry said. I was gobsmacked about how wonderful it was.

"It's wonderful, breathtaking actually, Thank you loads Harry,"

"Yes thanks Harry, now lets get to breakfast," Ron said before Hermione and Ginny whacked him up the side of the head. "When I mean by ladies fighting over me sometimes, I didn't exactly mean this,"

"Lets go," I say to the four of us and Ginny and I skipped to he great hall.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Did your dad tell you about what's happening next term," Harry asked me while the gang walked down to Hagrid's hut for a Christmas tea.

"Yes he did, dad said I can help because I want to be an Auror like mum so in need to get good grades in Dark Arts,"

"Thanks you for helping out, I feel so weak because of what happen in the first match,"

"Harry, my dad may have told you this and I will retell you again, you are not weak, Harry, your not even close to weak, Dementors affect you because of your past experiences, you can't help that,"

Harry looked up and smiled. "Thanks Ave, you really are like your dad,"

"Same with you, but you have your Mum's-"

"Eyes, yer I know,"

We both raced towards the door where poor Buckbeck was lying. I bowed and he bowed back. I opened the door and I saw Mum and Dad was already there. I walked over to dad and gave him a hug. "Hello Ave,"

"Hi Dad, merry Christmas,"

"Merry Christmas too,"

"Hold on for a second. Accico R.Lupin's," I say flicking my wand. A couple of seconds later a gift laid in my fathers hands. He slowly unwrapped it to a photo album. "I hope you like it," I told him while he looked at the pages.

"It's wonderful Avery-"

"Tea anyone?" Hagrid cut in front of dad. I just laughed and took a small cup.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I've kept you guys waiting for the news and here it is.

IM WRITING A SECOND BOOK FOR THE AVERY LUPIN'S SERIES! I thought that because you like the book so much for having over 50 views, I thought 'Hey, why not write a sequel?' And so I did.

Sad news is, it won't be out till early next year, but during hat time please check out some of the people following books. There are all majestic!

Love ya for 10ever.
Maddi