34.0 - beginning

I have to get to her before it's too late.

I was wrong before and I have to admit that, I need one chance to make it right even though I know I've exhausted my own opportunities with her. Does she know how I feel without her? Does she feel the same? Ever since I saw her at the airport, I'm not so sure anymore. I feel like this might be the end and I don't know what to do. As I neared the hotel where she was staying, I got a notion that this might be the wrong way to go about it. How could I get her back without there being problems?

Raquel had just given her up too easily and part of me thought it was because she was afraid. I don't know why she'd help me after what I did to her, but I couldn't risk her telling Anastasia the truth about us. I had already ruined our relationship beyond repair and Raquel would make it a million times worse.

"I'm getting closer, I just need you to prepare a room for her."

There was some hesitation from her on the other line. "You're gonna take her back there?"

"Yes, obviously. For a while, she needs some isolation. I just- fuck-

i'm trying to figure out what to do and I'd appreciate it if you could just help me for once. I need to get my mind together and I need to think. I can't FUCKING think!" I ran my hands through my hair as the car parked in front of the hotel. "They're here already, this is it."

"Be careful, you know that i'll be here and everything will be fine. Just get Anastasia and I'll have everything ready by the time you get back to Amsterdam."

"The drive is long, I hope that the pills I got will knock her out."

Raquel sighed. "Not very likely, Harry has been trying to get her clean, that's what he told Max."

"Where is Max?" I asked, rolling my eyes at the mention of Harry's name.

"He's gone, I don't know where he went," she said sadly, "don't do anything to him, Zayn. He's done nothing."

Who knew one of my best mates would end up betraying me like this. I can't say i'm that surprised, he's always wanted what I had, but this was just another level of betrayal. He waited until I was out of the way to get her and even worse, he just took her from me in the middle of the night. What was the purpose? What did he see in her that was worth risking himself over?

I still didn't know what I was gonna do to Harry but I knew that would definitely be the last time I'd have to deal with him. Once she was with me again I'd be able to think clearly and find a way to fix this fucking mess he made.

I took a deep breath. "I'll talk to you about that later. I'm gonna go fix this little issue."

Simply hanging up, I shoved my phone into my coat pocket. The driver opened the door as I got up, I adjusted the metal piece tucked in the waist of my jeans. I crossed the quiet street thinking that it was a very good location to hide, it was so quiet on this side of the city.

My stomach was doing flips and I couldn't help but feel adrenaline rushing through my veins, forcing me to walk a little faster until my feet had carried me to the front desk. The hotel wasn't so luxurious, it was sort of small, so I knew it'd be easy for me to get up to their room with no issues.

"Entschuldigen Sie bitte , ich brauche auf Raum drei siebenundzwanzig zu bekommen. Sie sind expeting mich."(Excuse me, I need to get to room three twenty seven. They're expecting me)

The young woman at the reception desk eyed me and smiled sweetly. "Ich werde ihr Telefon im Zimmer , sie habe gerade vor ein paar Minuten zurück. (I will phone their room, they just got back a few minutes ago.)

I smiled back, "Das ist nicht neccesary . Ich komme gerade Anastasia zu holen und sie nach Hause bringen . (That's not neccesary. I've just come to pick Anastasia up and take her back home.)

"Nun, das ist in Ordnung." There is a bit of uncertainty in her tone but I shake it off as she hands me the card. "Hier ist eine Kopie der Zimmerschlüssel." (Well, that's fine. Here is a copy of the room key)

I waste no time and rush to the elevator, clutching the key tight in my hand. I don't know what I'm gonna do or what I'm gonna say but I'm hoping it just happens how it's supposed to. I can't stand to lose and I know that I won't this time. On the way up I realize how impatient I am to see her and feel her close to me. I tap my foot as I near the top floor, time just seems to be going so slow.

The hallways are so quiet that it doesn't even feel like people have checked in at all. I notice their door and the do not disturb sign, which makes a flash of rage hit me like a lightening bolt. I can't help but think that she's back to her old ways when she simply belongs to me and only me.

I swipe the card quietly and enter the room quietly, not seeing them at first. What I do see is the messy bed, the joints on the bedside table. I see magazines and hair dye on the table off on the corner of the room.

"What are you doing here?" I hear Harry ask as my back is turned from the balcony door. I know Anastasia is probably hiding behind him, but how didn't I hear the door?

"I came to pick her up, why else would I be here? To visit you?"

Anastasia is indeed hiding behind him, her arms are around his torso like he's a shield. It makes me sick, it makes hatred boil in my veins. I feel very hot all of a sudden, like I could just kill him with my bare hands and have no use for the gun hidden under my shirt.

"Please leave," she says, almost crying. "I don't want to go anywhere with you."

I notice how she's shaking and try to hide a smirk. "You're coming with me, Anastasia, you don't have a say and neither does he."

Harry takes a step towards me and I unbotton my coat, lifting up my shirt slightly to show him the gun. "I don't know when you got so brave. Harry. Considering I have people watching your parent's at this very moment."

"Stay the fuck away from them, they have nothing to do with this," he says angrily, "she doesn't want to go with you, do you understand that? She is afraid."

I pulled the gun from under my shirt and confidently pointed it at him, watching her expression go from scared to terrified in just a second. Tears wildly fell down her cheeks and tainted her shirt, the guilt growing in me quickly but even easier to ignore.

"Come here, Anastasia."

She took a few steps closer to me and Harry held her back by her wrist, triggering her reflex to get him off her. I knew she didn't like that, he didn't.

Once she was closer I pulled her to my side and held her tightly, not allowing her to make any sudden movements.

"Anastasia, please. You don't have to be afraid, baby."

She shook her head. "It's okay, Harry."

"If you make one stupid move, you know who's paying the price, Harry. You've made this entirely too easy for me and I have to admit, I thought you'd be smarter than to just hand her over. It was nice to see your parents again, by the way," I said as we began to make our way out, "I'll make sure my people leave them alone as soon as we leave."

Harry stayed frozen still as Ana and I walked out of the room. She made no sound as I dragged her to the elevator and no sound as we walked out of the building. She began to shiver as I put her seat belt on in the car, but wouldn't say anything to me. The driver passed me the blanket he had in the front seat and put the window back up again, the driver's side concealed by the black window.

"What are you going to do to me?"

"Nothing you don't know about already."