c h a p t e r 39

The crew went down to the lobby to get some menus for a near by pizza parlor. Courtney stayed up with me and was busy showering since Alex had rubbed ice cream all over her face earlier today. I was busy laying on my bed when our phone in the hotel rang. Confused, I went over and answered it.

"Hello?" I ask.

A couple of seconds pass by with just breathing and I started to feel uncomfortable.

"Do you know how furious I am? Do you know what I will do to you and all of your friends? I will shoot each and everyone of them and then come for you last. When I get you, I will make you suffer for all of the hell you have put me through, you little, ungrateful bitch." Warren spat, I felt my body freeze.

"You wouldn't, you're just gloating. You won't touch them." I breathed.

"You think I'm kidding? Oh god, pet. Do you even know what I'm capable of? Let me tell you who's with me right now." He hands the phone to another person.

"Aubrey?" A little girl shrieked and I recognized the voice.

Courtney's daughter. He has her and her son. I felt my heart flip and my lungs collapsed. I knew she would pay for this.

"Sweetie, it's okay. I promise, I'm going to come get you now. I'll be there, just hold on." I scrambled for my cell phone and dialed for a taxi.

"You come with anyone and I will snap their necks." Warren growled.

"You lay a hand on them and I swear to god, I will kill you." I felt my blood boil and that small spark of fire ignite.

He messed with everyone in my life and now he was threatening Courtney's children. No, that is not okay. He can mess with me and threaten me, but not the little kids. They did nothing to deserve this.

"Be careful what you say, because it takes a while to get across the country. I mean, you would know since that's what you did. You fled, like a coward. " Warren's words rested beneath my skin, but I was no longer affected by them.

"Just tell me where you are and I'll be there." I wrote down the address he gave me of some abandoned warehouse.

I made sure Courtney was still in the shower and my heart ached. I couldn't bring her with me. The only person I could bring was Jess. She said she'd come even if it meant her life was endangered. I'm only bringing her so she can get the kids and drive away. She will not enter that building.

I run down the stairs, not wasting any time. I found Jess, looking at the menus. Quickly, I grabbed her hand and headed into the ladies bathroom.

"What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." She pulled back her blonde hair and held my hands.

"That's because the devil has returned. He has Courtney's kids, Jess. I need to get over there now. And I need you to come with me." I check my phone and receive a notice that the taxi is here.

"What about the others? What about Nick?" Jess collected her bag and checked her cellphone.

"He can't come. Warren will murder him. He won't touch you, I promise." I grabbed her hand and carefully walked through the lobby, avoiding Alex and Nick.

I took one last look at him, admiring his sparkling blue eyes and beautiful facial features. I memorize his soft brown hair and how it felt when he wrapped his muscular arms around me, protecting me from any harm. That's how I wanted to remember him if anything happens. Jess and I got into the taxi and made our way to the airport.

Luckily, it was late and there was a flight ready to leave in ten minutes. The woman looked at us like we were criminals, trying to flee. I didn't have time for this so I snatched the tickets out of her hands and ran to the plane. Jess texted the others saying we would be back soon. Once we land, we will tell them that we actually returned home.

The hours in the sky were agonizingly slow. I couldn't help but worry about the children and I prayed that they weren't in any pain. Those kids mean the world to Courtney and I and I refuse to let the man hurt them. Warren was playing a dirty game and he still thinks I'm the prey. I disagree. Now, I am the wolf, hungry and looking for blood. He fucked up my life more than enough and I if die trying to fix it, then so be it.

We landed five hours later and it was only 12:25 AM. We found Alex's car and returned to my apartment. I needed to get changed and tell Jess the plan. I picked out my purple zip up and put it over my head. I quickly put on jeans and tied my black converses on. Jess was sitting in the couch in her college sweatshirt and leggings.

"Okay, this is the plan. We are going to drive to the warehouse. I am going to go in and retrieve the kids while you stay in the car-"

"I am not letting you go in there alone!" Jess yelled, knowing that there's a good chance I will be killed.

"You will listen to me and realize that this is what's best for you! I got myself into this mess and I will get myself out!" I argued back, not letting Jess win.

She nodded her head, frowning.

"I love you, okay? And I don't want you to get hurt. I will not let him touch you. I will go in and get the kids. I will tell them to wait outside. When they get outside, you tell them to get in and you get the hell out of there. Got it?" I explain, looking in the kitchen cabinet for something my mother gave me.

"What about you?" She bit her nail and grabbed the car keys.

I load the pistol with ammo and slip a small knife in my back pocket. I place the gun in the back of my pants and flip my sweatshirt over it. Jess' eyes widen and I grin.

"I'm going to see if he will let me go. And if doesn't, then I'll find my own way out. I'm tired of living scared and afraid. I want justice and if that means killing Warren, then so be it." I grab my phone and we head out.