c h a p t e r 7

Monday finally came around, Courtney had told me that her flight is about to take off and she's excited to come live with me. I have spent my whole morning cleaning and buying toys/essentials for her kids. It's the least I could do for what she's doing for me.

Last night Jess and I had called her friend, Lucy so she could change my location somewhere else. We told her that she didn't have to risk her job, she decided that it was alright since she understood my problems. I've never been so grateful for anything in the world.

I quickly got changed into a pink crop top and denim jean shorts. Looking at my reflection, I noticed my scars and bruises, quickly becoming insecure about my body. If it wasn't 103 degrees out I would be wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

"What to do, what to do?" I bite my lip, staring at my reflection.

Make up!

I run over to my make up supply on my dresser and grab the foundation and cover up. I apply both to my bruises and cuts, then mixing the cover up so it blends in naturally. It doesn't get rid of them completely, but they are barely noticeable.

"I wish I didn't have to cover up..." My conscience sighed.

I grabbed my purse and car keys, locking the apartment door. Before I pick up Courtney at the airport, I decided to drive over to my work and see my schedule for the week.

"Aubrey?" Nick taps my shoulder, great.

"Uh yes? Do you need something?" I ask without hesitation, wanting to leave right away.

His eyes grow with sadness, "I just wanted to-to uh ask how you're doing?"

I raise my eyebrows, "I'm doing fine I guess. Thanks for asking."

"Yeah no problem. I'll uh see you later." He gives me a quick smile and enters his apartment.

Weird...

While I drove to the coffee shop, thoughts began to wander on. Why did Nick care so much about me? I told him to stay away and he clearly doesn't follow directions. Maybe he's trying to be nice before his true identity shows. Just like Warren was.

I refuse to make myself so vulnerable and weak to him. All men are disrespectful and cruel. How many times do I need to proove that to myself? First my father, then Warren and now Nick? No thank you!

I park my car outside of the café and enter. My co-worker, Ally waves to me with a warm hearted smile. I only got to talk to her for a couple of minutes, she will be training me for the week.

"What's brought you here Ms. Summers?" Ally jokes and I giggle.

Ally was tall, slim, and had jet-black hair with the most sparkling blue eyes I've ever seen. She's naturally tan because she was born and raised in California. Her personality is bubbly and sweet, but will destroy you if you cross the line with her.

"Just came for my schedule. Kind of nervous to start tomorrow since I was suppose to start like two days ago." I sigh, wishing I hadn't had a moment then.

"No worries cupcake, we don't mind. I'll go get it for you, wait right there." Ally winks and runs into the office behind the counter.

I take in my surroundings since I've never had the chance. The café was welcoming, had a countryside to itself. Dark, rich booths and tables, a fireplace at the end of the room. I don't believe it's real since it rarely gets cold in Los Angeles.

The walls were an emerald green and floors were dark brown with some maroon rugs surrounding a lounge area. Odd but satisfying to say the least.

"Here you go Aub, anything else?" Ally smiles and hands me my schedule.

I shake my head no and thank her, bidding her goodbye. My eyes scan my schedule and take in the days I'll be remembering. Not too long hours but will be enough.

My phone rings, a text message from Courtney saying her plane had landed. I put my car in drive and meet her at the airport, smiling widely that my best friend is finally here.

Warren's POV:

That little, sneaky, ungrateful bitch! I had done nothing but give her my love and she betrayed me once again. Once I get my hands on her there won't be a next time to let her learn from her mistakes.

The moment I came home a week ago, I noticed that the house was still a mess. That slut never cleaned it up from the last night.

"Aubrey, get the hell out here!" I slam the door and throw the bag of groceries against the wall.

She never came out, did she want to get hit? I stormed into the bedroom and found all her clothes gone. I growl, she ran away! I was only gone for thirty minutes and she got away.

I knew I had to act like a worried boyfriend so I quickly dialed her stupid friend, Courtney and asked her if she knew where she was.

"Is she there with you or at work?" I ask, sounding concern as I could.

"I haven't seen her, oh gosh! What if she was kidnapped or lost?!" Courtney sighed, obviously scared for her bitch of a friend.

I held back a laugh, oh how gullible Courtney was. I ended the call and called the police, creating a search party.

Now here I am, waiting at the station for any news. I smirked to myself, what a dumb ass she was for giving them her real name.

"Sir, we have discovered her location." Officer Thomas stated, I walked up to him.

"Where is she? Is she okay?" I bite my lip hard, trying to cause me pain and make it look as if I was frightened.

"She is in no danger and they say that she had flown to Houston, Texas." The officer explained and I exhaled.

"Thank you officer, for everything. I will go order a plane ticket right this minute!" I exclaim and turn around, only to be called back.

"Uh sir, would you happened to know the reason why Ms.Summers would have taken off so quickly?" Officer Thomas asked, looking at me suspiciously.

Shit, quick think!

I stand there, staring at the ground and furrowed my eyebrows; making it look as if I was thinking.

"No officer, I honestly have no clue." I hold the bridge of my nose and sigh deeply.

The officer's gaze softened and nodded, dumb ass.

I left the station and purchased my plane ticket.

Sweetheart, I'm coming for you.

•••

AN: Ha. Ha. Ha. I decided to show Warren's POV so yall could understand what he's up to. Please vote and comment what you think will happen next, thank you for reading! -everlastingwonder❤️