“Is everything alright?” He asked in concern, looking at Harry.

I opened my mouth to reassure him but Harry beat me too it. “We’re fine, just a bit of couple banter.”

I smiled, and this time I found that it wasn’t fake. Fake relationships were fun.

~*~

Dinner was over, and Harry had stayed quiet throughout most of the dinner, keeping to himself and drinking beer after beer. He had had seven glasses now, and his breath reeked. I hugged his dad, and it was then that I realised I had official ‘met the parent(s)’, despite the fact me and Harry weren’t dating. I thought back to what my dad had been like, and what it would have been like if Harry had met my dad. I shivered and put the thought to the back of my head.

A very buzzed Harry grinned at me. “Are you cold?” He slurred.

“No.”

“Then why did you shiver?”

“I’m thinking.”

“Of what?” He asked innocently, throwing an arm over my should

I rolled my eyes, he wasn’t buzzed, he was drunk. I started to walk back to the car, but he wouldn’t stop.

“Is everything okay?” He asked seriously.

“I’m fine, for God’s sake. Leave it.”

“I wanna know what you’re thinking of,” he whined, and I got into the driver’s side.

“I’m driving,” I told him.

“Why? I’m the driver!” He was acting like a child and it was annoying.

“Oh for God’s sake Harry, you’re drunk. Shut up, and sit down.” I didn’t actually know how to drive, but I had experience and I figured that would be enough.

He sat down and looked at me, and I sighed and leaned over, putting his seatbelt on. He watched me and did that really fake looking grin again. “Thanks, babe. You still haven’t told me what you were thinking of.”

I started driving, making sure to go slow. I figured I should just tell him since he was drunk and he probably wouldn’t remember this conversation in the morning. “I was thinking of my dad,” I answered honestly.

“What about your dad?” Harry asked.

“I was thinking about what it would be like if you two met.”

“Me and him?” Harry asked, confused.

“Yep.”

“Why?”

“Just thinking.”

“What was your dad like?”

“He was really mean.”

“Was?”

“We don’t speak.”

“You don’t?” He slurred, obviously surprised.

“No, we don’t. I broke off contact when I was taken to a care home.”

“You went to a care home? Didn’t your dad stop you?”

“No. He didn’t care about me, and he doesn’t like me. No one does.”

Harry kept quiet, until suddenly he spoke. “I like you.”

“Really?” I hummed, not really listening.

“Yes. But I can’t do anything about it.”

I frowned. “You can’t?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

I wasn’t sure if he was being serious or not. “I can’t do it, it’s too soon.”

“Really?” I asked again.

“Leila…” He murmured, bowing his head.

“Did you like her?” I asked softly, thinking back to a Tumblr post about drunk people telling the truth most of the time.

“A lot. But she broke my heart.”

“How?”

“She cheated on me.”

“I know,” I said softly.

I thought the conversation had ended, but he kept talking. “I was going to give her a promise ring.”

“That soon?” I asked, surprised.

“I know, I was young… But I thought I loved her. I didn’t know she was capable of cheating.” He seemed resentful. “Do you like how I am?”

“What do you mean?”

“The way I seem really sleazy…?”

“Oh. Not really,” I sighed.

“You don’t?”

“I don’t.”

“Neither do I,” he muttered, his eyes not leaving my face. “I’m sorry for being the way that I am.”

I parked the car cautiously and got out, thinking about his drunken state. I pulled out my phone and called Olly, and to my relief he picked up on the third ring.

“Hey Brenna, what’s up?”

“Hello, Olly… Um, are you busy?” I asked, watching Harry bend over the car, his head on the cool glass.

“Well, I’m playing GTA five, why?”

“Harry got slightly drunk tonight and I don’t really know how to…” I trailed off and I heard rustling on his end of the phone.

“I’m on my way.”

Sure enough, within five minutes Olly was here. “Harry, boy. Up.”

He helped Harry stand straight, and smiled at me gratefully. “Thank you for bringing him back, I’m going to take him to my dorm, his is still messy.”

I nodded, glancing at Harry, who was staring at me. “Bye, Brenna,” Olly saluted, smiling before turning to go back inside.

“Bye, Brenna. I really like you!” Harry said as they walked in and Olly nudged him slightly.

“Tell her that when you’re sober.”

A/N: don’t you just love drunk boys ah

Yesterday was my birthday oooh

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED

Share comment vote whatever I love you allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

ps i have not even made an effort to proof read im sorry

xoxo 

BrokenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara