Chapter 6

"Harry," I shivered as we stepped out into the bitter November air. I hadn't brought a jacket because I hadn't expected for Harry to be at the cafeteria. 

His eyes scanned the secluded parking lot and he glanced at his phone, his eyebrows furrowed as he read the text. 

"Stay here," he muttered, more to himself rather than me. He then walked off and walked over to a red Honda Civic that was parked rather sloppily in the corner of the car park. He leaned back and read the license plate and his eyes lit up.

"Ah, that's right." He said, pulling a key out of his pocked and opening the car.

I frowned. "What was that?"

"What was what?" He turned to me, eyebrows raised.

"That. You looking for the car."

"I forgot what my car was." He replied cooly.

"That's not your car." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

He let out a deep breath and looked at me. "What do you mean it's not  my car?"

"That time you took me to the cafe - like two weeks ago. You had a Nissan."

He rubbed his thumb finger and his index finger together, leaning on the car door. "It wasn't my car, and neither is this."

I opened my mouth to speak but he shot me a look that told me to shut up. "Come on." He said, opening the car door and getting in. 

I sighed and got in next to him, staying silent as I warmed my fingers. Shooting my a sidewards glance, Harry started up the car and started to drive.

About 10 minutes into our trip, we got stuck in a traffic jam.

"We aren't moving." I stated, as if Harry didn't know.

He glanced up from his phone. "No shit, sherlock."

His eyes went straight back to his phone and I sighed, not knowing what to do. I pulled out my phone and started to scroll through Tumblr, glancing at Harry from time to time. 

I wasn't surprised when he reached over and plucked my phone from my hands, exiting Tumblr and going to my contacts app. "Harry, I'd rather you don't."

He looked at me in amusement. "What?"

"My phone. Can I have it back?"

If he put his number in my phone I'd just delete-

His phone started to ring, and I glanced at my phone to see he had dialled his phone number on my phone. So his number was on my phone and my number was on his. I cocked my head to the side as he passed my phone back. "Really?" I asked, gesturing to his phone.

He shrugged, shooting me another smirk as he turned to face the road. "You don't need to save my number, but I need to save yours."

*~*

I stepped out of the car and looked at the skating rink that stood in front of us. "Really?" I asked Harry, pulling my sweater over my hands in a feeble attempt to warm them.

The corners of his mouth turned up and he hid his mouth in his shoulder, coughing. He was covering up the fact that he was smiling.

"What's wrong with a bit of outdoor ice skating?"

I eyed the motel that stood a few meters away and Harry's eyes followed mine. His facial features hardened as I turned to look to him, my eyebrows raised. 

"I didn't-"

"You bring all of your dates here." I said, almost accusingly.

"No. I don't."