Chapter 5

I leaned on the vending machine and sighed. The machine wouldn’t give me the chocolate bar I had paid £2.50 for. Just as I was about to admit defeat, a long, muscular arm made contact with the vending machine, hitting it with a thump. The chocolate bar fell forward and I looked back to thank whoever had helped me.

 Harry leaned on his side against the vending machine, his eyes on me. Of course it was him.

“Thanks,” I muttered, not sure what to say.

He shrugged and I noticed his hair was damp. He had probably taken a shower to get the smell of sweat off of him. I found myself wondering what he had done last night, and I felt a pang in my stomach. I brushed it off and turned around to walk off when I noticed Michael was standing by the door, his cheek bruised and his nose swollen. I watched him silently as he regarded me, and as I turned my head I saw Harry was talking to a girl, his eyes furrowed in concentration as she spoke. I felt that pang again and I shook my head, turning away and walking forward, meeting Michael halfway.

“Brenna…” He trailed off, unsure of what to say.

“Please don’t,” I grimaced, remembering how I had woken up extra early in order to wash the feeling off his lips off of my neck. How I had scrubbed again and again at my neck until it was red and raw. My thoughts were interrupted by Michael’s cold hands on mine. I jumped and tried to tug them free, but Michael wouldn’t let go.

“Please just listen!” He whisper-shouted, even though there weren’t many people in the cafeteria. I looked at him, and his eyes widened momentarily and he dropped his hands.

“What?” I asked, confused.

Harry stepped next to me, his jaw tight.

“I didn’t-“

Harry didn’t listen to Michael, instead, he turned to me. His eyes scanned my face and his cold, hard eyes softened. “Did he hurt you?”

“N-no. He just grabbed my hands to make me listen.” I said, caught off guard.

Harry turned to Michael. “Can you stay the fuck away?”

“I wasn’t gonna do anything, she just… Why do you care, anyway? I was gonna ask her out.”

I let out a shallow breath. He was going to ask me out less than 24 hours after he tried to rape me? Harry scoffed.

“You’re not going to go out with her.”

Michael scoffed. “I believe that’s her decision.”

Both Michael and Harry turned their heads to look at me, and I chewed on the inside of my lip. “No.”

Michael scowled and Harry smirked, pushing Michael away slightly. “If you try anything, I’ll get you,” he warned, his voice low.

“Why do you care so much anyway? Is she another one of your flings?”

Harry’s fist clenched and I could tell he was doing his best not to take Michael then and there. “We’re not going out.”

“Oh, is she playing hard to get?”

Michael’s eyes had a glimmer in them; he was doing this on purpose. He wanted to get to Harry.

I decided to step in before Harry did anything irrational. Standing next to Harry, I looked at him. “Harry,” I said, trying not to strain my voice. “I think we should just tell him.”

“Tell me what?” Michael asked, his eyebrows raised suspiciously.

Harry kept quiet, but he threw me a side glance.

“Me and Harry are going out. We have been for a while now.”

Both Harry and Michael looked surprised. A look of amusement appeared on Harry’s face, but it lasted for a second before the same blank expression replaced it.

“You’re lying. You would’ve told me.” Michael said, but it sounded like he was reassuring himself.

“Oh right. I would have, but you blew me off so much that I decided not to tell you.”

Michael shook his head. “I don’t believe you.”

Harry wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me towards him. Sending Michael an icy smile, he chuckled. “Sorry mate, you were too slow. Now leave, before I make you.”

Michael shook his head and took off, and Harry’s hand stayed around my shoulder.

“Uh, Harry, you can let go now.” I blushed.

Harry removed his arm from my shoulder and I realised he was smirking.

“What?” I asked, genuinely confused.

“Me and Harry are going out,” he mimicked me. “We have been for a while now.”

I groaned. “Leave me alone, I had to do something.”

“I like what you did.”

I frowned and looked at him. “So, you’re free right now aren’t you?”

“Yes…” I trailed off, not knowing where this was going.

“Great, me too. Come on then.”

“No thanks.”

“I didn’t ask if you wanted to come, I’m telling you to come.” He raised an eyebrow at me, as if asking me if I was going to be difficult.

I sighed and decided to co-operate, it’d make everything easier. He started to walk off and I followed, unsure of where he was going.

 “Where are we going?” I asked him.

 He stopped and waited until I was standing by him before regarding me. “On a date.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Helllllllllllllo i haven't updated in forever im sorry. does anyone actually read this? D:

anywho its nialls birthday there's only one teen left in the band ]:

but yes if you liked it please comment/vote/share this story whatever you want :D

LOVE YOU ALL :)