Ch.33

Jewel POV:
What? Where? Hello?
Darkness surrounds me and I can't remember anything, who am I?

Paisley POV:
Poor Jewel, with all that's she's been through she doesn't need this! Not now!
We're so close, we're almost there and then Kylah goes and tries to kill her.
I can't blame Kylah, she didn't know but why?
I look out the hospital window, John said it would be better to stay on a higher floor so we can keep a look out, but it's kinda annoying to travel all the way downstairs to grab the supplies him and Ben bring here.
The room itself is very dirty and smells of old bodies and death, but it's better for Jewel here then in our base or bass as she calls it.
I still don't get that why make a nickname for a base, whatever it doesn't matter.
I hooked up Jewel to a water tank, and a few other things to keep her alive.
John and Ben have been bringing up food and other things, me and Lexi have been up here watching Jewel. I feel the worst for Lexi, poor thing has been laying at the foot of the bed this whole time not eating or sleeping the whole time.
She continues to whine and bark at Jewel, it's been a few days now and she still hasn't moved or anything.
I wonder when she'll get up.
" hey everything ok" a voice said.
I turned my head seeing John at the doorway, he started walking inside carrying food, water and a few other things. Ever since Jewel pasted out he's been the leader, he even carries her stuff (swords, crossbow, and her personal one strap carry on backpack).
" she's doing fine, still hasn't got up yet. Lexi still isn't either." I said turning around to stare out the window once more. " where's Ben?" I asked.
" he's bringing up more stuff, thought we'd give you a break from carrying everything. Plus we've gotten everything from the bass, we should take a break ourselves." He said sitting down in a chair next to the bed.
" ha yeah, thanks I've been a hell busy here watching Jewel sleep and Lexi whining, its so tiring" I said sarcastically.
He laughed a bit.
" John why did you give me all the heavy stuff you jackass!" Ben yelled once he entered the room.
Lexi for the first time in days got up and walked over to Ben to greet him, I forgot he didn't come in here ever and Lexi never left the room to see him downstairs.
She rubbed against him, and Ben kneeled down to pet and hug her.
"Good to see yah old girl, how's things here Paz" he asked.
" everything's fine, she hasn't moved though. I've tried everything I can but nothing." I said not looking away from the window.
"Whatcha looking at?" John asked.
" just watching the lake, and our friends on the other side." I said looking at the lights glowing across the lake.
" who cares about them, they caused this!" John yelled.
" well I have nothing better to do" I said in a bored voice.
" what about your research, you know on walkers?" Ben asked walking towards me.
I thought about what he said for a monument, I totally forgot about it.
" well I just forgot about it, I haven't really paid must attention to anything else." I said.
" I don't blame you, traveling up here, the other people and Jewel pasting out, it's been a while few weeks." He said.
I nodded my head, then I spotted some thing below.
"Huh speak of the devil" I said, John and Ben raced towards the window and stared down.
A hold herd of walkers were walking towards the building, maybe if I save one in the other room I can continue my work.
" let's go!" John said, grabbing Ben and racing to the door.
" wait I'm coming too, I need one to work on!" I said grabbing my knife and gun.
" ok, Lexi can take care of her til we come back" Ben said racing down the hall.
" come on then, let's get rid of those freaks!" John said a smile on his face.
I smile back as we raced down the hall.

Jewel POV:
" hello" I said as I quickly sat up.
I looked around at the room I was in, it was old dirty and smelled horrible, I was in a bed in what seemed like a hospital.
A few different things and needles were hooked up to me and a dog jumped on the bed, nearly giving me a heart attack.
She started to lick my face and bark in excitement, I pushed her down.
" calm down lex, where are we?" I asked. A jolt of pain came from my neck and body, I touched my neck finding a cloth around it.
" how'd I get here, this isn't home?" I said.
I looked out a nearby window seeing kanora, but I was in Winnipeg yesterday?
Noises and voices came from the hallway, I went to grab my swords but they were gone.
I jumped off the bed and found a large war knife laying in a chair next to me.
I grabbed it and waited for what was coming, walker I thought.
Lexi didn't seem to mind, usually she barks or runs after walkers.
If it's not a walker what is it?
" Jewel is that you" a voice yelled.
It knows me, how?
" Lexi go, attack!" I yelled.
" Jewel it's just us calm down" another voice said.
"Go, go away now! I'll kill you if you come any closer!" I yelled, I feared for my life right now!
" Jewel calm down please, your scaring me".
I could feel my body shaking, who, what?!??
Then three people covered in blood walked through the doorway, they're going to kill me!
" Jewel whats wrong?" One asked.
" WHO ARE YOU!" I yelled.
Who are they?!?!

Thx for reading, love yah!