Ch.15

John POV:
I wonder why I blacked out, why did it happen then?
I didn't have time to think about it, I looked over my list and headed towards the stores I would find the stuff at.
*
*
*
After finding the stuff I needed I headed back to the house.
On the way there I wondered about the trip to Ontario, what was it like there.
I didn't go anyway outside Manitoba before the walkers, so I had no idea of what to expect.
I realized I was done earlier then everyone else because once I got home no one else was there.
I wondered if I should go find them and help, but then I heard a hiss come from up stairs.
Maybe someone is home?
I headed upstairs the hissing coming from paisleys room.
I opened the door finding no one inside and the hissing suddenly stopped.
" hello" I asked.
Bang, bang!
A slam on the closet door echoed through the house.
I jumped at the sound of it.
I slowly walked towards the closet.
I began to turn the knob when the door bell down stairs went off.
I let go and headed downstairs.
I opened the door seeing paisley there,
" hi" I said as she walked inside.
" why did you ring the door bell?" I asked.
" Jewel for whatever reason locks the front, whatever I'm lucky your here" she said.
We sat down around the living room and talked about the trip.
" so you really wanna go on this trip" she asked.
" yeah, why?" I asked back.
I never knew how much paisley was asking me more questions, I guess she listened to Jewel when she said loosen up.
" it's just, now don't tell Jewel or Ben for that matter but... I honestly want to stay here" she said.
I was taken back a bit.
" w...why?" I asked.
" well.... I'm" before she could finish a bang came from up stairs.
Then I remembered the closet.
" paisley I almost forgot, I think there's something in your closet" I said waving my hand to follow.
I lead her upstairs.
" John wait, I know there is" she started, " but before I show you, you have to promise not to get mad".
I was a bit confused, why would I be mad?
" ok, I promise" I said as we continued.
We headed into the room and paisley proceeded towards the closet.
She started to turn the handle slowly.
The door slammed open and a walker jumped out hissing and groaning.
I jumped back thinking it was going to attack.
Then I saw it was attached to the wall with a chain line.
I looked at it closer seeing it was missing it's lower jaw and both arms.
" w..why is there a walker in your closet" I asked stuttering a few words.
" well you know the operation" she said.
" yes our operation to find survivors and save them" I said back.
She started shaking her head no.
I was confused this was the end goal to save those who were still alive.
" b..but" I stuttered before paisley began to speak again.
" the operation was always to save survivors, but in a different way" she started, " my goal was to find more ingredients for my cure".
Cure?
*
*
*
After paisley finally told me the truth behind this operation, I was taken back a bit.
She would do tests on walkers as me and Ben looked for supplies and survivors.
" why didn't you tell us about the testing" I asked.
" you and Ben were caught up in looking for more people, I've been doing this much longer than you have.
In all the years of looking for my family and friends or anyone I've only found you two.
As you two wanted to look for more, I wanted to stop. But I took this as an opportunity to find the cure, as you and Ben would look for them. Every time we would settle down at a bass you and Ben would be assigned to look for supplies and survivors, I would stay back and run tests on local walkers." She finally finished.
All this was in information, it was all to much.
I didn't know what to say at this point.
" I know I should have told you guys sooner, I was going to but I got distracted when we found Jewel" she said.
" you had every right to know about this, I was going to tell you but I didn't before because I was afraid of what you might think" she said.
I only looked at her.
" I'm sorry John" she said.
At this point my thoughts were scrambled and I didn't know what to think.
" it's ok paisley I understand" I finally got out.
See look at me with relief.
" thank you for understanding" she said.
" but" I started, she looked up at me.
" you have to tell Jewel and Ben they have a right to know too" I said.
She nodded her head.
" is this why you wanna stay here" I asked
She nodded again.
" we haven't been here long and there's supplies and stuff we can use for the cure" she said.
" who knows maybe Ontario does too" I said.
She nodded.
I could tell she didn't agree though.

Thx for reading next part soon.!