Ch.1

We crash into another car as my family and the rest of the city is trying to escape, we quickly hop out and start running for the boarder gates.
The gates begin to close as a voice yells " GATES ARE CLOSING NOW".
I suddenly remember that my new puppy Lexi is still in the car.
I run back and quickly grab her, the gates are nearly closed.
I run as fast as I can, " hurry Jewel please hurry" my sister calls out.
The gates are only a few feet away from closing I continue to run, my lungs and heart working as fast as they can.
*
*
*
" WAIT PLEASE" I yell, Lexi jumped at the sound of my voice.
" oh shit,sorry lex I... I just had the dream" I said.
I got up seeing that I fell off the bed again, I crawled back onto my bed.
" oh Lexi I'm sorry" I said petting her head.
She began to lip my hand at the sign of forgiveness, I continued to pet her until I looked outside seeing it was noon.
" oh shit" I said quickly getting up and dressed.
I have to get some food and supplies today I'm running low here.
I hate going outside but unless I wanna die I have to...or.
Nah I have to if not for me for Lexi.
" stay here Lexi, it's quick I'll be fine" I said before stepping outside.
I hated getting up every day knowing all my friends and family are most likely dead, but I still have Lexi and I need to be strong.
I step outside seeing the blood and dirt filled streets, I remember walking to school down these streets with my friends.
I really miss everyone, I'm alone.
I continue to walk to the store thinking of my past and what the future holds.
I wonder if I'm the last person alive, if I am what happens if I die no more humans.
That's not a bad thing but.....
I lost my train of thought when I heard running down the back lane.
" h..hey" I yelled.
I ran down not waiting for an answer, I continued to call out seeing if just maybe no it's not stop Jewel.
I stopped and started squinting my eyes to try to see anything.
It was only a deer, " oh I... Let's just get going" I said to myself.
I was a few feet away from the store, when I spotted a walker.
I grabbed my twin swords both swords in each hand and got my crossbow ready just in case.
I ran towards the walker quickly cutting off its head.
Blood splatter across the ground and on my clothes, even thought they were dead already I still felt bad.
I didn't like killing anything even if it might life or death for me, I felt bad.
I wiped the blood off my swords and put them back in their cases. I walked towards the store again thinking of the supplies I need.
I walked in it being pitch black I grab my flashlight and head inside.
I look around seeing old rotten food and dirt covering the floor, I walk over to the canned food and grab canned beans for Lexi and a box of rice for me.
I also got new batteries, soap and shampoo, even though it is the zombie apocalypse the water in my house still ran which I am very thankful for.
I started to walk out the door when the sound of the doors on the other side of the store made me jump.
I dropped my stuff and hid behind an old candy Display, I couldn't see anything since I turned my flashlight off plus I didn't want any attention on myself.
I heard someone yell " turn the lights on".
It sounded like a girl, maybe survivors like me.
I'm not alone?
I walked down the hall trying to be as quiet as possible.
The lights suddenly started flickering on and off.
" great job" the girl yelled again.
I hid behind a counter and peaked over it to try to see the people.
" hey john" the girl yelled
" yes Commander" a deep voice asked.
" scout the area for walkers" she yelled.
" yes sir" he replied back.
Oh shit gotta hide.

Thx for reading sorry for the confusion. Next part coming soon.