Chapter 55

*That Same Night*

Delilah
We arrived home and I picked up both of my sleeping girls up and laid them across my bed, since my room was the closest.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed my new bottle of wine, started downing it.

" Delilah! Really Bruh?" Matthew asked, grabbing the bottle, " he ain't worth it."

" Your most definitely right, but you knew didn't you?" I asked leaning against the counter.

" Knew what?" He asked with the 🙄 face.

" You knew Steph was still married to Ayesha," I said rolling my eyes.

" Delilah of course, I knew. Their separated but still together, what you want me to do about that?" He said.

" Tell me you idiot, Matthew he's married and I'm not the type of person to be in everyone's fairy tale but that , that's something you could've informed me about," I said walking to my room.

He grabbed my arm, " Well I'm sorry, but it's better you found out now than later."

" Don't be sorry," I shrugged, "I'm going to bed with the girls."

" Can I join?" He asked.

I shrugged, " I don't even care at the moment, but you lay on the opposite side."

I went upstairs, as he followed me. I went into the bathroom and changed into my nightgown.

I came back into the room and laid down next to the girls. Matthew laid down behind me, wrapping his arms around me.

" I told you," I tried saying before he cut me off.

" Shh," he said.

I closed my eyes, a few tears fell down my cheek as I realized what actually was really went down today..

" You good now," he whispered in my ear.

I tightened his arms around me and nodded, " Goodnight."

" Night."

 The Next Day

The Next Day

I woke up in the bed by myself. I went brush my teeth and shower. Afterwards, I went downstairs to find Matthew cooking breakfast.

" Goodmorning, Lovebug," he said winking at me.

" Goodmorning, Matthew. Did they shower this morning?" I asked him.

" Yes, now come get your favorite, grits, eggs with sausage," he said.

I smiled, " You didn't have to do this."

" But I did because I wanted to," he said, bringing my plate to the dining table.

I looked at him, " Thank you," I said sitting down, "GoodMorning babies," I said.

" Morning Mama," they said with a huge smile on their face.

" What?" I asked while biting a piece of sausage.

" Oh nothing," Noelle said.

" What? I know when you two are thinking something, so tell me," I said grinning.

"I'm curious as well, so let me know," Matthew said budding in.

" It's just that, we're wondering if you two are thinking about getting back together?" Jostle said sipping her orange juice.

Then my phone rung, " Hold that thought," I said getting up.

I walked outside and answered Steph's call.

Phone Call📲:

" What?" I asked with much attitude.

" Well, Goodmorning to you too," he said laughing.

" Wardell what do you want?" I asked.

" I just want to apologize for yesterday," he said.

" Don't be. It's not my fault you and family are a bunch of lunatics, like how could they lead me on like that obviously knowing that you are married." I said.

" Well then, okay, but can you not mention anything to the media about this?" He pleaded.

" Oh please, I'll be honored to, now have a good day," I said hanging up the phone.

I screamed and rolled my eyes, turning around to see Matthew.

" What he wanted ?" He asked.

" It's coo, I'm fine." I said.

" You need me to beat his ass cause I'll be happy to," he said laughing.

I walked up to him, " Nahh, but thanks for the offer. He has to remember, you reap what you sow."

I smiled and kissed my forehead, " You have changed a lot."

I smiled, " Now let's go back inside before we give those two another reason to think we're getting back together."

" I'll give them plenty," he said looking into my eyes.

I looked away, grabbing his hand walking inside, " Come on, silly."

He laughed and we enjoyed the rest of our morning. Then we had a family's day, playing board games, watching movies,  then we chilled in our hot tub. It just felt right, like home itself.

~Shae💘