Chapter 37

Delilah💖
Graduation is less than 2 weeks away, and I'm gaining more and more by the week.

I walked into school, and everyone was in such hype. Hmm. Wonder what's going on? Plus I still gotta talk to Matthew.

I walked over to Breon, " Hey girl, why everybody all hype and what not, it's a Monday,"

" Our college acceptance offers came in," she said ecstatically.

" Oh my." I said in awe.

" You're excited right?" She asked.

Most definitely but with two babies on my hip, how will I ever do it?

" Good Morning, Delilah, Breon," Mrs. Mckibben said.

Usually college acceptance offers get mailed to home, right? Well, not here! We have a little Senior get together, whereas we open all of our acceptance letters together.

" You girls and everyone else stay in here, when the bell rings, okay?" Mrs. Mckibben said handing me my 3 envelopes.

" She seemed too happy!" Breon said.

So true. Probably since college is going separate Matthew & I. Ugh.

My vision became blurry, from just overthinking. I hadn't been eating healthy lately.

I quickly sat down. " You good D, you know I can get you some water or anything," Bre said.

" No, I'm good," I nodded, drinking some water.

The bell rang, " All Seniors stay in the cafeteria," the principal announced.

Zoey, Malaysia, Anthony, Bre and I were now sitting at the table, Matty wasn't no where to be found.

" Where's Matty?" I asked Anthony.

He chuckled, " Walking through now with Gabi, agg ahh."

The both of them sat down and greeted everyone, since when did she start sitting with us.

I must've said that out loud because, Mrs. McKibben called me out for interrupting her lil college speech, " Anything you want to include Delilah,"

I shook my head no, " I thought not," she said.

What a bitch.

" Okay on the count of three, seniors open your envelopes!" She said.

" 1!" We counted together.

"2!"

"3!" Everyone opened their envelopes!

Then before you know it, people were in tears, some were jumping up ecstatically, and some were disappointed.

Me on the other hand, I was happy, grateful at that.

All my friends were now out of their seats, hugging eachother, happy and what not.

" Why you not excited D?" Matthew said coming behind a pregnant me, as I was still sitting down.

" I'm excited, I am." I nodded.

" What colleges accepted my Dyl?" He asked curiously.

" Louisiana State University, Harvard, and Georgetown," I said, turning around.

He gasped, " Harvard?!"

I nodded, " You better take it, it's a one in a lifetime opportunity,"

" Oh don't I know," I said, " Well what about you?"

" I got two scholarships, one to University of Missouri, to play for Kansas basketball, and one in Durham, North Carolina to play for Duke soccer team!" He threw a bomb on me.

" Congratulations!" I said getting up, hugging him, " You deserved it!"

" I know, and you do too, I think you should still go to Harvard,"

" About that," I said.

"Yeah?"

Then we were rudely interrupted by Gabi. I'm kinda glad she did came when she did, I can't tell him this news now, and that'll make him want to stay here for college.

" Babe I got in!" Gabi cheered.

" I'll talk to you later Matt," Delilah said getting her bag, walking away..

Matthew

" I'll talk to you later Matt," Delilah said getting her bag, walking away..

" Wait, ugh," I said turning to Gabi.

" What?" She asked.

" Really, you saw I was talking to her," I said.

" Okay, and?"

" Why you gotta be such a bitch to her, cut her some slack," I said walking off, leaving her there..

~Quality💖