Chapter 41

Delilah 💖
It's been a week, since my parents found out I was pregnant. A week since Matthew left. My parents, well my dad made everything even more stressful... Oh and we welcomed my baby brother to the world, two days ago.

It was morning time and everyone was downstairs. My dad was cooking breakfast.

" Good Morning Dad," I said.

He looked at me, with such disappointment. You think that's bad, only if I told you what my grandma Kathy said.

" How could you, Delilah? You had so much going for yourself to only find yourself pregnant!"

I just stood there and took it all in..

" Now you can't live for you, you gotta live for those babies, why you had to be so fast!" she yelled, in frustration.

" It's a damn shame, it's true what they say, the Apple doesn't fall to far from the tree,"

*********

I sat next to Taya, breastfeeding Destiny..

" He's still not talking to me," I said putting my plate down.

" It takes time, your his baby girl, what can you expect? He expected more of you," she said.

" I know," I said.

"Look, lemme tell you something, you need me, I'm here for ya', but Dyl, you gotta get some help from Matty's side of the family," she said, " we're talking about twins here?"

" I guess you're right," I nodded..

" Have you thought about your applications?" She asked.

" I don't wanna go anymore," I shrugged, " Just take care of my kids the best way, I could."

" Girl, you still have an education to get too, and if you'd want the best life for them, you'd go to college, to become a lawyer Delilah,"

I shrugged and sat back.

" And eat, something you've been slacking on," she said elbowing me.

I sighed, grabbed my plate and started eating.

*****
The Next Day

I thought long and hard about my conversation with Taya, so I decided to finally tell someone other than my immediate family about the pregnancy. My tummy was even huger than before, so I decided to put on my grey sweater, and my jeans, with some brown boots.

I headed downstairs, grabbing my purse... My car that my dad got me for graduation is my new whip, that I've been wanting. A Mercedes Benz Jeep, black on black. Now he's not even speaking to me.

" Daddy, I'm going to be heading out, if that's fine with you," I said.

" It's pointless to tell me everything now," he said.

I sighed, " Love you Dad," I said walking out.

I pulled myself up, struggling.

" Be careful, Phatty!" Reginald said.

I glared at him, " Give me a break,"

" I was only kidding, my favorite cousin still looks fine, Matthew is a sucker," he said.

I laughed, " Hush up, you coming?" I asked.

" Where you going?" He asked.

" Nunya', you coming or nah?" I asked.

" Yeah," he said hopping in.

I buckled up and backed out, heading to Matthew's home. I pulled up about 10 minutes later..

" Why are we in the rich, white people neighborhood?" Reginald asked.

I shook my head, " Just stay here, I'll be here in for a few minutes," I said jumping out of the car..

I grabbed the envelopes, and fixed myself right going to the door, ringing the doorbell.

She came get it in what seems like forever in this Louisiana heat.

" Oh, Delilah, I thought I wouldn't see you in forever," she said, opening the door.

" We're always going to be family, Mrs. McKibben and that's why I'm here, I really need to talk to you," I said walking in.

"Okay, dining room, please" she said.

I walked to the dining room and took a seat, gathering all of the envelopes from the past 4 months.

" So what brings you here?" She asked handing me a cup of tea.

" I'm not going to cut any corners, I've been doing that for the past four months, Mrs. McKibben I'm having Matthew's baby, well in my case, babies," I laughed, taking a sip of tea.

She laughed, " No way, there's no way Matthew could get you pregnant,"

" And to say your a principal," I took a jab at her, " Listen, I wouldn't be here if I didn't care about Matthew, so that's why I came to you, so lets have a compromise shall we, you help me out with my babies, Matthew doesn't have to know a thing, and I'll be out of his hair," I said.

She sighed and sucked her teeth, " Okay, what about $1500 a month? I have a job and so does my husband,"

" Agreed," I said smiling, handing her the envelopes, " This is yours as a grandmother, I thought you should have these, and my due date is November 21st,"

" Wait before you leave, why are you doing this? It seems very devious. Very unlike you." She said.

I sighed, " I don't want Matty to think that I held him back from his dreams,"

" Not that I care, but what are you going to do about yours?"" She asked.

" I have a plan, I always make something work," I nodded.

-Quality

I HATED THIS CHAPTER -tears-