Chapter 46

Delilah

Its after 3 o'clock pm. Damn it, the girls were supposed to be home by 11. I check my phone and I have so many miss calls from Steph this morning. I hurried out of bed, brushed my teeth, throwing some clothes on. I didn't care about my hair nor my clothes. I had some sweatpants on with a tank top and some sandals.

Soon as I was walking out the house, there was Steph, Noelle, & Joelle.

" Oh my gosh, there you are!" I ran up and hugged them, " I missed you guys!"

" We can tell, but someone slept later than they were supposed too," Joelle said laughing.

" Aww hush, did you girls have fun?" I asked.

" Yes! We went to the mall last night, and we picked out SOOO many clothes, you like?" Noelle said.

" I love, why didn't you guys get me anything?" I asked, smiling.

" Hmm, nah' maybe I can take you out myself and take you shopping & then some.." Steph walked up, winking at me.

" Hey, girls go inside, I will be right in," I said.

" Alright," they agreed in unison and skipped away.

" Thanks for keeping them, it seems as though they enjoyed themselves," I said.

" Anytime, I hope we could do this again only including you next time," he said.

" Hmm, I'm not into dating right now, just about me and the girls," I said.

" Well when you are, just hit me up, I'll be waiting," he said, kissing my cheek, " I'll talk to you later."

" Of course," I blushed, waiting until he left, waving goodbye.

I walked back in, " Oooo, Momma, wait till I tell GrandMa this one!" Joelle said.

I smacked my lips, " Girl what you talking about?"

"Like we didn't see THE Stephen Curry just kiss my mother," Noelle said.

" Correction, our mother," Joelle said.

" I have no idea, what you guys are talking about." I smiled, walking into the kitchen.

They giggled.

" Would you guys rather Lasagna or Spaghetti?" I asked.

" Totally lasagna," they said.

" Lasagna it is," I said, " We have to go to Sam's, lets go." I said grabbing my purse.

***************************

At Sam's Club

"Noel pay attention, as you are pushing the buggy, you don't want to hit anyone," I said.

" Yes M'am," she said.

I turned my back one minute to pick up some snacks for the house and all I heard was BAM!💥

" Oops!" I heard Noelle said.

I turned around and this girl hit someone's buggy & knocked down their carton of eggs.

" Damnit," I said going over there, "I'm so sorry," I said.

It was this white girl, she was pretty. ( Amanda ⬇️⬇️)

" It is totally fine," she smiled

" I can totally pay for your carton of eggs," I said, picking the broken eggs up.

" No, its okay, Im sure she didn't mean it, plus my boyfriend has the money like that," she said.

" Alright, thats totally understandable," I said nodding, still on the floor.

" Here he is now," she said.

" Hey babe, I have the protein smoothies, you asked for," he said.

" Thanks babe," she said, and sounded like she kissed him.

I stood up and my girls were in the snack section. " They are too much," I said.

" I can't wait to be a mother, aint that right Matty?" she said.

When I stood up, I was too busy paying attention to the girls. I didn't realize that this girl's boyfriend was right there. It was Matthew.

I looked at him, " Well it was nice to meet you and once again, I'm so sorry," and with that I walked over to the girls, " Y'all better stop walking off from me,"

**************************

Matthew

Amanda was still shopping and I noticed that Delilah was in the parking lot. The girls were in the car already and definitely didn't want them to see me right now. I feel extremely guilty about what I told her because in all honestly, I was just mad at her for the moment.

" Hey," I said as she was putting the bags in the trunk.

I must have scared her because she jumped, "Sorry."

" Yeah you always are," she said.

I sighed, " Dyl, I really am, I'm an idiot for telling you that,"

" You damn you are, how could you do me like that?" she said turning around.

" I was angry, but I would like to be in my girls' life, Delilah," I said.

" And you know, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but just me time," she said.

" Six years wasn't long enough?" I said.

" Look Im not up for it right now, plus shouldn't you be getting back to ya lil girlfriend," she said.

" Sound jealous,"

" Never," she said.

" But like I was saying, I would like for us to be a family, be the best dad ever," I said.

She nodded, " I'll text you my address, we're having Sunday dinner, we can tell them tonight,"

" Alright, I love you D," I said, kissing her cheek.

"Sure," she said closing the trunk, getting in her car.

I ran back inside. Im a daddy y'all!

-Quality

I don't know how I felt about this chapter.