Chapter 10

Delilah💖
It's the day of the boys championship game and even though Matthew and I take almost all our classes together, it's lunch now, almost the end of the day and he hasn't even talked to me... So unusual..

Even though Andre invited me to sit over by him and the rest of the basketball team, except Matthew, I went over there by him but yet he still ignored me...

I looked at him, " Hey, are you okay?" I asked..

He avoided any contact with me, "Im fine," then walked outside by the soccer team...

" Why he's such a bummer?" I asked.

The girls shrugged and Anthony, just looked at me, shaking his head..

" What did I do?" I asked him..

" Ohh nothing," he said..

" Come on tell me, he's my best friend, I wanna know,"

" It's only right if you guys communicate on this one," he shrugged.

I looked at Breon, with the pouting face for her to try and convince Anthony to tell me, "Sorry I'm with my man with this one, Dyl," she smiled.

I rolled my eyes, getting up, going outside..

Matthew was once laughing, goofing off with his friends, until he saw me and instantly frowned up...

I walked over to him, " Matthew can I talk to you? Please. "

" Nahh, I'm busy,"

" What are you salty about now, Matt?" I asked.

" Delilah, I'm just not in the mood okay?" He said..

" Fine , stay that way, I'll find someone else to hang with," I said turning around, until he said something..

" Yeah like, who Andre?" He said..

" What?" I asked..

" Nothing, goodbye now Delilah,"

I was hurt by his actions and words toward me, never ever in our friendship have we went that far to be so.. so rude to one another..

I walked over to Breon, she's been my girl since 6th grade and she obviously knew me better than anyone else...

She hugged me and I hugged back, " I don't know what I did,"

" It's okay, you know how boys are, before you know, you and Matthew will be back friends trust me," she said..

" I hope so," I said..

Only thing , I knew I did that I kinda regret was kissing Andre... But of course Matthew wasn't there to see it,

Or Was He?

••••••••••••••••
State Championship 3A
Basketball 🏀

It was now the third quarter and the boys were doing horrible.. Matty wasn't giving the ball to an open Andre, it's like you can sense the tension between the two of them... But he has to get it together he has a scout here..

" You totally fucked up his skills today, his head ain't in the the game Dylah!" Anthony exclaimed..

" Yeah, it might cost us the championship game, " Breon added on..

" Mane y'all be quiet," I said rolling my eyes..

I looked back at the court and Andre had the ball, he decided to bounce pass it to Matty...

Matty wasn't open but he still decided to try to shoot a 3 pointer, even though he could've gave to a now open Andre..

" What the hell is going on with Mckibben tonight?!"

Hell, I had to do something about this, he's gaining a bad reputation now...

I walked down the bleachers, "Where are you going?" Zoey asked.

" Knock some sense into this boy," I said..

I walked over to Coach T, the boys head coach, very good friends with my father, also my ride back home, and my spy, when I'm at games and my father can't be here to watch my every move.. ~fake chuckles~

" Aye, Coach T, can you call a timeout, I wanna talk to Mckibben,"

He looked at me then the time on the clock, " Sure, why not, he'll need it, make it worth it,"

I nodded , as he told the referee, "Timeout on Gold!"

The boys walked back over to Coach...

Meanwhile , the other guys were getting water and what not...

I pulled Matthew to the other side of the court, by his jersey ...

" Look, listen to me," I said in a calm manner.

" I don't have time for your lectures,"

" The hell you do," I said.

" 3 minutes!" They yelled.

I grabbed him by his collarbone, and looked him straight in his eyes, " Whatever your so P.O'ed about, be mad at me about don't take it out on the team or on the court, it's not the time nor place for it, " I exclaimed.

He nodded, then I fixed his jersey back and wiped his sweaty face, "Now go out there and whip some behind Mckibben!"

We ran back out on the court and I went back to my seat...

And after that...

Andre scored 2 more shots, total making 8 points this game.

and

Matthew scored 4 more shots, scoring a total of 12 points, in the game..

" What did you tell him? He's kicking ass now?" Zoey asked tapping my shoulder.

" Don't worry about that," I giggled..

The boys ended up winning and after giving the other team a handshake.. Everyone ran up to the court...

I finally spotted Matthew, and just as I was about to run up and hug him...

Andre ended up catching me, and our lips met once again...

" Two times the luck," he said spinning me around..

I giggled but that soon stopped after I saw the expression on Matthew's face...

" Congratulations," I said , jumping down..

" Thanks, hey do you want to celebrate with the rest of the boys tonight, ya girl Zoey coming," he nudged me..

" I'll have to think about it," knowing that I couldn't go, I have to teach Sunday school to the babies in the morning...

" Alright, you know where I'll be if when you have an answer," he said..

I nodded , trying to figure out where Matthew was...

I went outside , and spotted him putting his bags into his car.. I ran over there and grabbed his arm..

" Where are you going? Your not going to celebrate with your team?" I asked.

He slid my hand off him, " Nahh, I rather not be around people I don't like, "

" What are you talking about?"

" Delilah, don't play dumb, I saw you! And don't act like that was your first time kissing him anyways, that shit doesn't make any sense anyways, he cheated on you with your ex bestfriend, but hell you rather him over m-... You know what goodbye," he said getting in his car..

" Wai.." I tried but it was pointless, he was already gone...

Matty is definitely a pain in my behind..

But I decided to go home; my dads because I know my mom has her interview and I have church..

~Quality❤️