"9-9-9-9. Stupid ass," she whispered to herself.

She immediately heard a female's voice. "Hey, baby, I had fun last night. I hate that you left this morning. I miss you already. Call me, k?"

Tommie was heated. She ran into the bedroom and threw the phone at Ace who was sitting on the bed putting on his clothes. The phone barely missed his head.

"What bitch were you with last night?" she asked with tears lining her cheeks. These arguments were so typical.

Tommie expected groupies to be a part of Ace' new life. She just didn't think he would ever go for them, but to him, this was the life of a nigga in the league.

"Get outta here with that shit, T." Ace grabbed his phone and saw he had a missed call from Karli.

He met her while he was in town a couple of months ago, and he saw her from time to time when he came home.

"Now you can't answer? Nigga, fuck you. I keep going through all this bullshit for what, Ace? So you can leave me at home by myself while you go out and fuck the world? I'm cool." Tommie grabbed her white Louis Vuitton luggage set down from the closet and snatched random clothes and stuffed them inside the bags.

She didn't know what she was bringing or where she was going, but she had to go.

"You're doing hella extra ass shit," he said getting up and taking the bags out of her hands.

"Fuck you," Tommie spat, "These hoes are steadily popping up, but I'm not supposed to say shit. Fuck that! All the money in the world ain't worth this shit. You're not worth this shit." She grabbed her duffle bag from Ace.

He allowed her to pack up her side of the closet as he watched her struggle to fit everything in her five-piece set.

"So, where are you going, T?" Ace laughed.

Tommie's episodes were funny to him. He knew she had nowhere to go, and he was all she had.

"To my nigga's house," Tommie said wiping the remaining tears from her face. Ace' shot into the closet and grabbed her by her throat.

She clawed at his arms trying to release his grip.

"Bitch, where?" He looked at her like he expected her to answer. Tommie knew he would kill her if she ever cheated on him. The thought alone sent him over the edge.

"You won't ever leave me. Know that, okay?"

Ace kissed Tommie on her lips and let her body drop to floor as she gasped for air coughing until she caught her breath.

Tommie sat on the closet floor massaging her neck. Ace grabbed his phone from the bed and disappeared back into the living room.

$$$$$

The next day, Tommie woke up sore. She had blue and purplish bruises covering her neck. She stared in the mirror and tried to adjust her sweater to cover up the reminders of the night before.

After being with the Warriors for a year and a half, Ace decided to move from a townhouse in Minnesota to a condo in Atlanta with Tommie by his side.