Chapter Twenty-Five

(Jack's Dream P.O.V.)

I just got discharged from the hospital. I was holding hands with (Y/N), our arms swaying back and forth. We were happy.

"Do you want to see my favorite place?" She asks, smiling widely. I nod.

She brings me to a meadow. It's isolated, yet there are so many beautiful flowers. She plucks one out of the ground and admires its beauty.

She's imperfect, and that's why she's perfect for me.

She hands me the small dandelion and smiles. I smile back at her, then look at the dandelion. She grabs my hand and starts skipping in front of me. I laugh and skip with her. I hurry and wrap my arms around her waist from behind, resting my chin on her shoulder.

She giggles and scrunches up, "That tickles." She laughs. I smile widely at her, being the happiest I've ever been.

She spins around out of my grip and roughly taps my shoulder, "Tag, you're it!" She says and takes off. I smile and run after her.

"Let's go! Let's go! C'mon!" She yells at me, giggling.

After a lot of turns, jukes, and running, I finally trip and fall to the ground. I can't move. "Jack!" I can hear her running, but her footsteps seem distant. They're not getting closer. My body starts to sweat, as I'm getting extremely worried. "JACK!" I hear her scream right in my ear.

How? She's not anywhere near me, how can I hear her so well??

"JACK!" She screams again.
(end of dream)

I jolt up in a sweat to see (Y/N) right beside me.

"Jack, we have to go now!" She yells.

I look around to see the place is burning down. My roommate's bed has a burning wood plank on it, starting to spread to my bed. The walls and ceiling erupted in a bright orange-red illumination. Smoke fulfills the entire building as a big black-ish grey smoggy cloud. She grips my arm and rushes out of my room, as I'm right behind her. I see that there are a few people ushering down the hall about fifteen yards away. They get to the door but it won't budge. It's locked. They all pound on the door, screaming for someone to help them.

"(Y/N), look out!" I grab her waist and pull her back as the ceiling crumbles to the ground ahead of us. The narrow hallway gives us no exit, no way out.

We're stuck.

She turns around to look for any way out. She begins to cry and hyperventilate. "Jack! There's no way out! All of the staff left us once they realized the place was burning! They couldn't save any of us! We aren't going to live, Jack! How are we supposed to-" I cut her off by grabbing her face and kissing her roughly. I tasted the salty tears on her soft, yet chapped lips.

I pull away from her, "(Y/N), even if we don't make it out of here alive.." A burnt piece of wood falls to the floor. "Will you at least let me die happy by accepting to be my girlfriend?" I yell.

(Y/N) doesn't respond. With her mouth wide open, she begins to cough slightly. The coughing slowly turns into choking as I hold this dying girl in my arms. I sob violently trying to help her as much as I can, but she's too weak. I lift her head to look at me, and her eyes are closed. Her entire body goes limp.

She's dead.

I cry louder, and begin to cough. I collapse to the floor. Her sweatpants catch on fire and I try to put it out, but it's no use.

I snuggle her body close to my chest, as the flames engulf us both.

--

(Third Person P.O.V.)

As the fire erupted in total madness, the hospital burned to the ground. Patients whom have been admitted there, die by smoke inhalation. The ones who survived that, got caught up in the flames.

The fire spread rapidly, taking out every home, every tree, every human being. The entire town burnt to extinction. Every body burned to ashes, joining the nature that surrounded them.

As (Y/N) and Jack's love live on...

The world will finally be more at peace with itself.

THE END.