Chapter Twenty-Two

(Y/N's P.O.V.)

"Hi, I'm (Y/N)." I laugh, sitting down with him. He smiles.

"So..." He sighs awkwardly. "How's the weather?" I scoff and push his shoulder.

"As if I'll be able to tell the weather... I'm stuck in here!" He chuckles at my statement.

"Uhh, guys.." Serenity tries to grab our attention. Jack and I glance in her direction, to then see a sense of fear, sympathy, and worry. She looks down the hall, then slightly upward, as if to meet a face. I turn my body completely around, and as predicted, I'm met with a face. A familiar face.

The man who raped me.

I was at a loss for words. My breathing hitched and I was frozen in place. My surroundings felt like they were beginning to close in on me, making it susceptible to breathe. I couldn't bear to look him in the eyes. How dare a vile man do such things to an underage mishap like myself? How dare?

"What do you think you're doing?" He spoke with such commandment. He looks away from me and walks towards Jack, hovering above him. "What makes you think you can have a girl in your room?!" He booms.

"I-I... she..." Jack couldn't even form a proper sentence, he was so scared.

"Shut it! I don't want to hear any excuses from you!" He turns and points at me, "You. You're coming with me." The man grabs my arm forcefully. I wince since this is the second time he's done that; it brings back too many memories. I don't like it.

I struggle in his grip, until Jack gets up and shoves the man away from me. "Don't touch her." Jack growls at him.

The man just laughs. "Aw, that's cute. You think you can protect her?" He grins evilly, tilting his head to the side. "Then where were you this morning, Jack?"

Jack gives both of us a confused look. I look at Jack, sympathy and concern were linked in his features. "Wha..?" He starts.

The man walks towards Jack and shoves him away, grabbing my arm again. I wiggle out of his grasp before he gets comfortable, and sprint down the hallway towards the front desk. The nurse gives me an angry look, "You know there's no running in the-" She stops herself as the man grabs my arm again, with a tighter grip. "Oh, were you running away now?" She says with sass. I mentally scoff at her.

"Indeed she was. She needs to be placed back in her room. Or..." He trails off. "Given another punishment." He whispers in my ear. I gag. The nurse gives me a disturbed glance.

"Take her to her room." The nurse brushes us off.

How?? How did she not notice? Is everyone fucking blind in this place?!

The man laughs and escorts me down the mind-numbing hallway. I glance inside of every passing room, wondering how much better it would be if I was one of them rather than my own being. I didn't realize I was looking for Jack until his eyes met mine. His beautiful oceanic eyes; the only thing that seems to liven up this place. He looks away from me, ashamed. His face giving off a feeling of sadness and defeat, as if he just lost a battle to something.

Yeah, he lost at trying to help you.. to save you. I mentally sigh. Well... here we go again.

He pushes me into my room, and closes the door behind him. I walk over to the bed furthest away from him, and sit, my body facing toward the window and my back to him. "Aw, being a little stubborn, I see..." He chuckles. I hear his shoes tapping on the floor increase in volume with each step he takes closer to me. The bed dips slightly, indicating that he is right behind me now. "I can handle that." He whispers seductively in my ear.

-

(Jack's P.O.V.)

I watched as she got escorted down the hallway by that man. She turns her head to the left, the opposite side of which her room is, and looks inside of each door she continuously passes. Her eyes wander the dull hallway until they meet my own. I swear, her eyes could be the death of me. The man ushers her into the familiar room, and does something that catches me off guard. He shuts the door. Not only that, but he shuts the door to where he's stuck in the room with her aswell.

What?

What is he trying to do? Beat her? Assault her? I'm going to go get someone... I need to help her. I need to save her. She's probably in danger, and I need to do something.

I stand up and walk down the hallway, towards the front desk. I see the nurse is on the phone.. maybe she can help. "Excuse me, ma'am?" I say. She holds up a finger to me, as if to put me on hold, or tell me to wait a second. "Erm.. I don't mean to interrupt, but we have an emergenc-" She cuts me off, "Shh!"

Jesus... okay, let's find someone else..

I take a look around me and then see a staff member poke their head out of a door.

Aha!

I walk up to them. "Excuse me? We are in need of adult help and supervision in room 307." I say to them. They laugh and walk down the hallway. I walk behind them, following to Coda's room. We stop at our destination. "Why is the door closed?" The staff asks suspiciously.

"I don't know, sir. A man is in there with a girl, I feel like something is wrong.." My hands begin to shake a little.

"That's odd.." They knock on the door, "Open up!"

There's some rustling behind the door, and it still doesn't open. "I said open up!! Hurry before I get my key!!" They bang their fist on the door.

The rustling continues, then the door opens up, rather slowly, revealing the man from earlier. "Is there something I can do for you?" He asks.

"I've gotten a suspicion that you were in here with a girl..?" The staff tilts their body around the man to see inside. They lightly push the man out of the way and inspect the room. I walk in aswell, wanting to see where Coda went. She's not in here... at least not visibly. "I wasn't in here with a girl, why would anyone think that?" The man shrugs.

"I saw you escort (Y/N) in here and shut the door behind you! Don't act like that didn't happen!" I yell at him.

The bathroom.

Oh... duh. I push the curtain to reveal the extremely small bathroom. "I wouldn't go in ther-" The man begins to protest, but I'm already inside. I grab the shower curtain and push it to my left.

There she is. (Y/N). Sitting there, tied up. She has a belt, preferably the man's belt, wrapped tightly around her wrists, as I can see her skin turning red and purple. She has a piece of cloth in her mouth, also tied tightly around her head to prevent her from making any noise. My blood begins to boil with anger.

How fucking dare he?!?

"What the fuck do you think this is?! Huh??!? Explain this shit!!!" I scream at him.

The staff rushes to my side to get a look at what I was talking about. He gasps when he sees (Y/N) in the state she is currently stuck in. They glare at the man, and begin to untie her. You can tell she was crying, as her face is bright red and stained with tears. Poor (Y/N). I feel so bad. No one should have to go through that.

The staff untie her and give her to me, "Take her to the nurse to help with those burns and marks," They tell me. I nod, but still give them a worried look. "But what about-" I start, but am cut off. "I'll take care of him, just go get her to safety." They shoo me away.

I did as told and lightly wrap her arm around my shoulder to help her walk. "I can walk.." She protests. "I know, but I still want to help." I tell her. She smiles and looks away from me.

I still feel horrible. I could've prevented this, but I didn't.

I'm such a coward..