Chapter Eleven

(Mark's P.O.V.)

"Hey Mark?" Jack asks. He's been telling me a lot more about him. More so that his name is Sean, but he prefers to be called Jack. "Yeah?"

"I have a question.." He sighs. Oh no. He better not be asking the question I think he's going to ask.

"Go on..." I mutter.

"What's your favorite color?" He grins.

Oh thank god...

"Oh! Um, probably green." I said.

"Like my hair!" He chuckles. "Mine is red."

"Like my hair!" I laugh.

He smiles. "Here," He sits up, patting the floor next to him. "Come sit with me."

I blush, and turn my face away from him. "O-okay." I stutter. Shit...

He laughs again as I sit down. "So, how are you liking this job?" He rests his chin on his fists as if he's extremely interested to know.
(*picture*)

"Well, um... I-It's been alright, I guess," I say. "How has this room been to you?"

"It's been absolutely wonderful thanks for asking," He says sarcastically. "I fucking hate it here."

"Is there any way I could make it better for you?" I bite my lip and look at the wall.

"Yeah.." He says shyly. "You could um.. ya know... LET ME OUT!!" I jump at the sudden octave change.

"Well goddamn, you didn't have to yell! I'm right next to you!" I tell him. He just laughs.

I chuckle aswell, yet mine seems to have more of a nervous tone. "Um.. c-can I ask you something?" I turn my head to face him slightly. "Or at least get your opinion on it?"

"Shoot me." He says.

Okay.. you can do this. Just say it.
(A/N: JUST DO IT)

"Well.. so, my friend has this little crush on this guy and they're only like two years apart, but their situations are quite the opposite of one another. And I was wanting to ask you for advice that I could give to them..?" I explain. Shit, was that too obvious..?

"It depends on the people and the situation that they're in," He says. "Let's say if it were me having a crush on.. let's say the nurse. That's in the range of being completely opposite of one another since she works here, and I was admitted here as a patient. It would never work out, probably even after I get discharged.." He explains.

"Well yeah, but what if they see each other all the time? Like, throughout the day..?"

"Well, then it might work, but like I said, it really depends on the people and the situation."

I sigh. I kind of figured that would be the answer... fuck. Why am I so attached to him? I obviously have no chance. I don't know, I'm stupid. I'll just try to forget about it...

But that's the thing, I can't. I'm stuck in here with him everyday. How can I just erase him out of my mind? I don't know, man. I'm confused. And the worst part is... he's probably straight. He likes girls, not boys.

I guess that's what I should expect from being gay... rejection.