Chapter Thirteen

(Jack's P.O.V.)

A million thoughts go through my head as I sit in my usual corner. All I can hear are muffled screams. They sound like they're coming from someone I know. Is it Serenity? (Y/N)? I don't know, but the human is obviously a girl, an oddly familiar girl.

I can't even comprehend my own thoughts. I'm trying to make out what the voices are trying to tell me, whether they are irrelevant or not, but I can't. All I hear is a bad signal from an old tv, and muted screams of agony.

I wonder why they're yelling..? Are they screaming at the voices in their head, like I do? Are they yelling just because their body feels like it should? I don't know. The answer is unknown, until I hear the door rattle it's way open.

(dream)
A very tall woman with ash blonde hair steps into the room, no emotion in her facial features. "Seán McLoughlin?" She looks at me.

"Yeah?"

"Come with me." She says, walking out of the room.

Uh, okay..?

It takes me a moment to get up, stretching, as I walk out of the room not knowing where to go.. the woman is not in sight. I block out the screams, and listen intently to a faint sound of heels clicking. Must be her, and if not, I'm going to blame her for getting me lost.

I follow the clicks.

*click*

*click*

*click*

With each step.

"Maybe I'm going the wrong way?" I look around.

Just keep following them..

"Okay, okay.." I say.

I slip through the closing double doors quickly. I look around to see if anybody noticed, luckily, no one is in sight.

I check every door title as I walk down the seemingly unlimited hallways.

Secretary's Office...

Meeting Room...

Checking Room... ew. I hated that.

I stop at a door, not caring about the woman anymore. It's titled, 'P.I. Room'.

P.I.? Like pi?

"No, you idiot," I sigh. "Maybe the 'P' stands for 'Patient'?"

Woah, what... you're like... being smart for once..?

"Shut up," I shake my head, staring profusely at the title. "What could 'I' mean?"

Information.

"Information?" I laugh. "Why would it be information?"

It's all of the patients' files. From every patient that has been admitted. It's all of their files and information, including yours.

"Woah.." I touch the handle.

"Don't touch that!" I jump at the loud voice that booms through the hallways.

"I-I-I'm sorry! I was just following this lady because she told me to, a-and I got lost, a-and so I just-" They cut me off, "I don't want to hear it!" They grab my shielded hands away from my face, and pull me towards the double doors I know too well.

I still didn't get to see their face. And I kind of couldn't tell whether it was a girl or not. They had short brown hair, they were quite skinny, I didn't see any sign of them having the physical feature of breasts. Nothing. I just couldn't tell. But they did have a more round face, which is more of a prominent girl feature rather than male.

We stop at the double doors. They fumble around in their pocket for their key. Why don't they have it around their neck like everyone else? That's odd. Maybe they're new.

They open the door and shove me in, still having not let go of my wrist. "C-could you.. um," I start. "Let go of me?"

"No," They strictly reply.

O-fucking-kay then.. my wrist is gonna be bruised...

They close the door behind me and pull me towards the front desk. Wait... that's not the right front desk lady. This one is different. Maybe they have different shifts, and I just don't see them? Maybe..

"This patient was... hallway... room..." They were whispering so low, that I could barely make out a few words. The lady glares at me then back at them. "And you think this is acceptable?" The lady asks them.

"No ma'am, do you want me to just put him in the dayroom?" They ask, gripping my wrist even tighter.

"I guess.." The lady sighs and looks back at her computer.

They escort me to the all too familiar glass paneled door. I don't dare look inside yet, because I want to surprise my friends. They will be so happy to see me, and vice-versa.

They open the door and throw me inside, me stumbling a few times. I look around. This isn't the dayroom that I'm supposed to be in. I rub my eyes, still not believing what I'm seeing. I think my eyes are deceiving me, because when I looked around the room, I came in contact with multiple large, buff, mean-looking adults.