Chapter Fifteen

(Jack's P.O.V.)

They let me out of the white room, finally. Mostly because they felt bad for me, but also because I've been in there for what felt like such a long time.

Mark pats me on the shoulder, "Try to stay out of trouble." He says to me. I smile, "Thanks, Mark." He nods at me. I'm about to be escorted to the dayroom before I decide to go back to Mark. I hug him. At first he hesitates, but then he lightly hugs back. I let go and walk away.

I can't wait to see my friends. I've been told that I won't be discharged tomorrow like they planned, instead, I'm being discharged in five days. I'm eager to finally get out of this place and be able to hangout with Felix and Serenity, and hug them for once. They're my best friends. I've only just met them, but every second I spend with them is spontaneous.

The nurse opens the dayroom's door and holds it open for me. This is it. I'm finally out of that room. I get to see my friends again and actually see, communicate with, and listen to other people rather than being isolated.

I look around to see Serenity sitting with (Y/N); a sad look is settled in their eyes, yet a smile is plastered on their faces. We all hide our pain with fake smiles these days, huh? They finally notice me standing there and Serenity stands up and talks to me. "Oh my god! You're out! I thought you'd never get out of there!" She genuinely smiles, a sense of hope glimmering off of her.

"Yeah," I scratch the back of my neck in a form of nervous habit. "How's everything been?"

"It's been good! ... ish," She whispers the last part.

"Ish?" I ask.

"Well..." She trails off. "U-uh.. oh! (Y/N) wants to get to know you better, by the way! She never got the chance, though!" She nervously giggles.

"Um, okay.." I give her a weird look, yet concern is still present. I walk over to (Y/N), and sit in one of the bulky chairs next to her. "Hey Coda.."

"Oh, hey Jack! I see you're finally out!" She smiles. Serenity sits on the floor in front of us.

"Uh, yeah!" I say. "Hey, you guys know where Felix is? I haven't seen him yet.."

They both look at each other willingly, as if something is wrong. "Is everything alri-" I stop mid-sentence as realization strikes me. Felix got discharged. Already? I guess this is what I get for being a dumbass...

"Jack, we're sorry.." Serenity says sincerely.

I stay silent. I need to process this. I need to think.

"On the slightly less dim side, he wanted me to give you this after you got out of that room." (Y/N) said, handing me a folded up piece of paper. I unfold it, tears threatening to spill as my hands fumble with the sheet. I begin to read.

Jack,

You were always my best friend. And you still are my best friend.

I couldn't have asked for a better douchenugget to brighten my day.

You're a cool guy, and I still want to keep in touch even when we're discharged from this hospital.

We can hang out. All three of us. You can even include (Y/N) if you want. She seems nice.

Anyway, to wrap this up, I want you to keep this. Hide it in your pocket, or in your room in your underwear like I did to hide stuff. They never look there.

Here's my phone number and other stuff like social media so we can keep in contact:
Number: (603)-398-7713
Twitter: pewdiepie
Instagram: pewdiepie

I hope you can connect with me when you're out of that hell hole, finally. And we can officially brofist! Haha!

Anyway, that's all I have to say. I hope you get out soon. Love ya, bro! *drawn picture of brofist*

I smile. I miss him already.

I can't wait to leave now. He said that we could include (Y/N) too, and I want to do that. I want to get to know her better. Maybe she can become a great friend.

Turns out, (Y/N) and Serenity were staring at me the whole time. I clear my throat, "Um, got anything to say?"

Serenity just laughs. "Yeah, are you good? Everything alright in there?" She says, looking at the letter.

"Yeah, everything's fine, Serenity." I laugh.

"Good," She giggles. "So, do you know when you're getting discharged?"

I didn't want to answer that question. I don't want her to know that I won't be leaving for almost another week! So I reverse the question, "Yeah, how long until you're leaving?"

"Oh, I'm not leaving for two or three more days is what they told me," She said. "Hey (Y/N), I know you practically just got here, but when are you being discharged?"

Coda snapped out of her trance, "Oh, me?" She asked. "I don't know yet. I'm pretty sure I overheard the doctor say five days, or maybe even two more weeks depending on my actions.." She enunciated those words almost in shock.

"Oh! Well maybe when we all are officially out of here, we can hang out together! All four of us!" Serenity smiled widely, showing how excited she was to get out of here.

"Yeah," I say. "All four of us, together. I can't wait!" They both smile at me.

Hang in there, we're on our way Felix.

---

( The number is fake. )