Chapter Twelve

(Jack's P.O.V.)

It's been a couple days. I really hope Felix and Serenity didn't leave yet. How have they been? *sigh*... I'll ask them when I get out. If I get out.

I already know that Mark likes me. It's extremely obvious at this point. How he always seems to get nervous when I tell him to sit down with me, how he always stumbles on his words when talking to me, how he blushes and looks away whenever we make eye contact... it's adorable.

Wait... adorable?

Did I just call Mark adorable? I guess I did... whatever. Nothing of it. It's not like I have feelings for him.. I'm not gay.

My eyes are fixated on someone else...

-

(Y/N's P.O.V.)

Serenity and I have been getting very close lately. I really like her, she's nice and very pretty. I remember when she tried to hand me a piece of paper with her phone number on it so we could keep in contact outside of the hospital.

We got in trouble for that.

We both got put on 'individual' for two days. Individual is when we're separated from the rest of our unit and set out in the hallway by ourselves. Of course the nurses are by the front desk in the hallway, supervising us. But, either way, we are by ourselves. I sat by the door to the dayroom, and she sat just around the corner, right next to the front desk.

Serenity would pop her head around the corner to look at me, and we would giggle after whispering something to each other, and the nurses would notice. They would put Serenity all the way down the hallway of the rooms. She told me that she sat next to room 334; the last room. That one kid who had autism was assigned that room and would secretly talk to her. He spent all day in that room, poor kid. I felt bad.

Anyway, it was the last day for us being on individual, and we were about to get put back in the dayroom before Felix was being escorted out of the dayroom. I tilt my head to the side in pure confusion. Did he do something wrong?

"I'm not in trouble," Felix reads my thoughts. "I'm being discharged. I'm really going to miss you guys.." He says. What?!

"What?" I question. He's being discharged already? How? He's barely been here three weeks. Well, I guess that is a month or so almost.. but still!

"Yeah, I'm sorry.. I'll miss you," He sighs. "But look in your chair. There's something there for you." He smiles, before being taken to his room to gather his belongings.

Look in my chair? In it? Not underneath it? Behind it? Ugh, just listen to what Felix told you, (Y/N)...

"Okay," I whisper to myself. "In my chair."

I see Felix walk in front of the front desk, holding a large brown paper bag containing all of his clothes. He looks at me and mouths, "Goodbye." And leaves through the main double doors.

I miss him already. He was such a nice guy to be around, and he was a great person and friend.

Sigh...