Passing Out

Alden tried to slowly shake Maine's limp body, wishfully trying to wake her but she did not budge. He then lifted her bridal style and run with her on his arms.

The cameraman that has been silent all this time has then called him at the far end of the street where a cab was waiting.

Alden immediately went inside, Maine on his arms and ordered the driver to drive them to the nearest hospital.

His heart was racing and fear was filling his system. He looked at Maine's face, that was a pale a sheet of paper, his heart is full of worry, fearing the reason of her sudden fainting. He holds her hand firmly and hugs her closer on his body. He won't let go that's for sure.

They arrive at the hospital and were quickly assisted.

A minute passed and Maine wakes up surprised at the place she was in. She was in a private room in a hospital.

Alden was sitting on the side of her bed and was looking at her as if he's afraid she will faint again.

Alden explained to her what happened.

"M-Meng, you fainted..." he said. His voice is almost less than a whisper.

She nodded. Vaguely, remembering what had happened earlier, "The shoot?"

Instead of answering her, Alden arranges the loose strands of her hair and tucks it in behind her ear. He met her eyes before saying, "They decided to stop it for today. Once the doctor says the result on your examination, then they will decide if you will still be able to do the show..."

Maine bowed her head and hold Alden's hand that was on her side. She envelope it on both of her hands and felt it warmth. She closes her eyes for a second and when she open it again Alden's eyes is on her, his loving gaze that has captured her a long time ago.

"I'm sorry if I scared you..."

Alden didn't speak. He pulls her close to him and just hugs her.

Upon feeling his warm embrace only then did Maine realize that Alden was shaking, though she felt his body calmed down as he envelope her in his tight embrace.

His chin was on top of her right shoulder. He lands a soft kiss on the side of her neck and said, "You really scared me. I don't know what I will do if something bad happen to you...I won't be able to bear it."

He lifts his head and with there faces so close, he said, "Please, don't ever do that again"

Maine simply nodded. She felt a lump on her throat upon seeing Alden's face that was full of worry for her. Her heart can feel his love for her and she's afraid as well that it will come spilling into them. She can't stop her over flowing emotion. Her eyes started to water, tears come forth as if she was the one crying for Alden.

Alden quickly wiped away her tears, "Honey, don't cry," then he smiled, "I should be the one crying, you scared me, a hell of a lot"...

"I'm sorry"

"It's alright, you're awake now", Alden said before kissing her forehead.

She closed her eyes, savoring the feeling of his warm lips on her skin. He then planted a soft kiss on her eyelids, on her cheeks before giving her a proper kiss on her lips.

Just as they lips parted from the kiss the hospital door opened. Both of them got surprise, they immediately pull away from each other. Alden stands up and greeted the doctor and they saw their cameraman following behind the doctor.

The doctor eyed Maine, "Miss Mendoza, I think you've had a stressful week and I suggest you give yourself a break, every once in awhile"

"Is that the only reason why she fainted, doctor?" Alden asked

"Yes, I think so", the doctor said but his forehead was knotted while looking at Alden.

The cameraman then interrupts, "Does that mean, that she can't continue the shooting for today and the next day?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so. She needs a week rest."

The cameraman looked at Maine, "I'll have to inform the station that you won't be able to shoot anymore, Miss Mendoza"

Maine bowed her head and apologize, "Please tell them I sincerely apologize"

"It's alright. I think they will understand", the cameraman stare at Alden, "I'll also inform the station that you will need a new partner to finish the task"

With knotted brows, Alden said, "That's not needed. Kindly, tell them that I won't be participating on the show anymore. You'll just have to tell them that we lose by default."

"B-But---", Maine was about to protest on Alden's decision but he give her a hard look.

"I hope you'll understand. I won't be able to work comfortably with any other partner knowing that I left, Maine here."

Though reluctant, the cameraman nodded in agreement to Alden's statement.

"I'll be going then", he turned to Maine, "I hope you get well soon, Miss Mendoza" he said, and then bowed on her and to Alden and the doctor before leaving the room.

Maine and Alden gaze at each other. They both know that the cameraman might speculate something about them.

Alden went near her and sits on her side at the bed, clearly not caring if it's the doctor's turn to assume something on them.

The doctor cleared his throat, "Miss Mendoza, you can be discharge, as soon as you have regain your strength and----"

Before the good doctor continues his recommendation for Maine's health, Alden interrupted him, "Ahm...Doc, there is something you need to know..."

Maine tightens her hands on Alden's grip, alarmed at her husband sudden interruption on the doctor.

Alden only smile at her and turned to the doctor, "I'm just curious about something..."

The doctor knotted his brows, "Okay, then...what are you curious about?"

"I heard that there might be some other reason why a lady faint all of a sudden, I'm just curious if it's the case here"

"Go ahead, what's this other reason that you think of?"

"If a lady has a----"but Alden's word was stop by Maine's hand who was covering his mouth now.

"Doc, I think I'm feeling better know. Can I be discharge, now?" Maine said, embarrassed.

The doctor both looked at them with full of curiosity but nodded to answer Maine's question.

Maine smile and give her thanks. Alden can't say a word since her hands was still on his mouth.

The doctor just threw them a confused look and went out.

Once the doctor was out, Maine quickly withdrew her hands on Alden's mouth.

She gives him an apologetic face, "Sorry! I just thought that---"

He crossed his arms on his chest and gives her a serious face, "Yes, what did you thought?"

She bowed her head. Her hand was on her lap, grabbing the hospital blanket, "I thought that if you're thinking that way...we should first do it on our own...we should be the first to know"

He did not answer her; all she could hear was a sighed and felt her body being engulfed in another warm embrace.

"Let's talk about that later, you need to rest"

She hugs him back and let herself stay on his arms, feeling his warmth spreading through her body.

They'd stay there for awhile lock in each other arms before arranging everything so as to make it look like that they did not went out together on the hospital. Keeping there relationship still a secret though they both know that at the rate of all what happened during that day, keeping it a secrets was far from what they've done.

They know the consequence and they are ready for it.

_ _ _ _ _

A/N: Thank you for reading ^_^