Be with You

It was when he stops on a red light intersection that he remembers to call Maine first before going to her.

It's a couple of ring before she picked up the phone, "He-Hello", she said a little out of breathe.

"Ahm...Meng, it's me", said Alden, he didn't know what to say as an introduction so he just blurted out whatever comes in his mind. Crap! I should have not said it like that.

She was silent on the other line, a couple of seconds before she finally answered, "Alden?"

He can't help but smile upon hearing her said his name. God, I miss her.

"Yes, it's me. Sorry for calling you this late. Are you free?" he said nervously. He closed his eyes due to anticipation to her answer.

"Ahm...I'm a bit busy right now. I'm on a shooting of a drama", she said.

He sigh feeling defeated already, "Ah, I understand. Sorry for calling this late again".

"Ahm...but if it's alright with you. We will have a couple of minutes breaks, if you like—", before she could finished he already answered, "Yes! It will be fine with me. So where should I meet you?"

Alden heard her short laughter. His heart went haywire upon hearing her response on his excited answer. So much for my pride. She always caught me off guard.

"We could meet in a park near the shooting site. It was a couple of blocks away, near but far so no one will know, is that alright?" she asked. When he agreed immediately, she told him the exact address.

"Okay, I'll be there", he said before putting his phone down and driving to the location.

_ _ _ _ _

"So, how are you?" he asked.

They are in a park where you can see below the city lights. Maine's shooting location was near a mountain. She was drop by there by her PD and will get her after the shooting breaks was over.

Alden brought two cups of hot chocolate and bread for them to eat while sitting in a bench behind a tree.

Maine didn't answer immediately. She has only said a few words since his arrival. Though she accepted the hot chocolate and bread he has given to her.

Alden sighed. He crossed his legs and put the hot chocolate on his side then shifted his entire body to face Maine.

"Have I done something wrong?"

"No", she finally said not looking at him.

"Then why are you being like this?" he asked.

It was her time to sigh. She was wearing a black coat to cover her costume on the show she was in. She drunk her hot chocolate then looked at him.

Alden furrowed his brow. Her eyes seem to tell him many things. But he doesn't know what it was.

He turned his gaze on the city lights below, "I visited Lola Nidora these past few weeks. I thought that if I went there more often I might get to see you..." he turned his gaze on her, "I wanted to see you badly"

"Why?" she asked.

"Should there be a reason?" he answered still his gaze was lock on her.

He continued, "I just want to see you. Even just for a couple of minute..." he grab a couple of his hair while his head was slightly bowed, "I've even thought of watching all your endorsement just to have a glimpse of you..." he turned and smile to her, "I'm glad you're a celebrity. I still get to see you even just only on television..."then he frowned, "But it seems that it was not enough for me anymore"...he said then sighed. He sits straight and looked at the night sky.