His Lovely Friend II

Alden was confused on what's happening. All he knew is that Julie, who's currently one of the hosts of the show where he and the Baes was a guess, and she offered to help him see Maine at the studio.

Maine and he, along with there group of friends, such as the Baes, the Dabarkads and EB Babes have both been invited at the show. They are in each of there own waiting rooms but he was afraid that if they meet up...someone might suspect something thus Julie willingly get the role as the middle man for Maine and him to meet up at her waiting room.

Alden glances at Julie, who has been silent since Maine went out of the room.

He cleared his throat and smile at his friend, "Is something bothering you?"

Julie looked up at him. "This is nothing, I just remember something"

Alden notices the traces of tears on her face, with his forefinger, he slowly touch the tears stain on her cheeks, "You've cried?"

There was no answer.

"Did someone criticize you again?"

Julie remained silent.

He let out an exasperated breath.

"Don't bother about those criticisms. Instead of minding it, just remember that you've work hard to reach whatever position you are right now. Always remember that there are many people supporting you..." he smile and place his right hand on his chest, "You have friends that support you"

"Richard..." she smiles. He will always be there for her no matter what. They will always be good friends. "It's not about that"

She straightens her sitting position and met Alden's curious stare at her.

"Then, what it is about?" he asked, seeing that she's being serious.

Julie takes a deep breath first before looking directly at Alden's eye and said, "I love you..."

Alden becomes frozen at his sit. He was more than surprise at what Julie just suddenly said to him. It was more of a shock to him.

He looked at her. His long time friend, a very dear friend to him...in all the years that he has known her, he admires her personality...he respect her perseverance...he always think highly of her. But his feeling for her has never exceeds from just a friend, a close friend.

He doesn't know what to say. His silence has filled the room.

Julie seems to know what his answer because she smiles at him though her eye has no hint of happiness that accompanies a smile.

She places her hand on Alden's shoulder and patted it a little.

"Hey, you don't have to answer me..."

"Julie..."

She looks away from him and stand up. She spread her arms on her side and looked at Alden.

"I know that it's no use telling you what I feel now", she stare on her side, "You have Maine..."

Alden stands up and come near his friend. He got her hands and holds it...squeezing her hands slightly, making Julie gaze at his eyes.

He smile, "Thank you...thank you, for your feelings for me..." His smile vanish a little but his eyes has remained on hers, "But I'm sorry if I can not accept it...I'm sure in the future there will be a much worthy guy for you. A guy that will see how much of a treasure you are..."

Julie's eye watered. Her heart was breaking but she also felt that she has been freed...freed from the feelings she has been keeping for a long time. Her tears dropped, wetting her cheeks.