Family Dinner

"Mom, is this necessary?" Maine asked for the nth time to her mother who's almost finished arranging the table for dinner.

Her mother looks at her. "This is your grandma's wishes let's just give it to her, okay".

She nodded defeated, "I'll change my outfit then", she said before climbing to the stairs wearing a simple sundress, if she is to attend the dinner her grandmother wants, she must change into a little more presentable attire since her father said that it's a formal dinner with the Faulkerson's.

She walks in to her room, straight to her walk-in closet. Good thing she left formal clothes in the house. A cleaning lady always comes every other day in the house that's why the place still looks clean even though her grandmother's the only one living in it, now that all of them are leaving in Manila.

She chooses a black cocktail dress that hugs her curves the instant she wears it. Her only accessories is a silver bangles, she let her hair falls who reach up to the middle of her back and a sandals with just a small inch heals. She's tall already that's why she can wear almost flat sandals.

She twirled her body to check once more her appearance. Once satisfied with her looks she sprays a little perfume.

She looks at her reflection. "What is this I'm feeling? Why do I feel excited by just a simple dinner?" she whispers. Then, her thought drifted to the last incident where she was with Alden, her hands touch her lips, remembering the not-so-called-kiss.

"He must have been embarrassed. I would clarify tonight that it's just an accident". She whispered before coming down. She can hear that the Faulkerson's has already arrived at the front gate.

When she went down to the living room, she got surprise at the other person beside Alden. Marian Rivera? Marian Rivera, the Queen of Primetime? Why is she with Alden?

A bulb seems to click on Maine's mind. Isn't it known that Marian's younger brother is also a celebrity...and it's Alden Richards?!

Maine eyed both brother and sister. No wonder he looks familiar. I must be crazy not to remember this fact immediately.

All her question was clarified once they all sat for dinner. It was Marian that brought the lively atmosphere at the dining area.

"Did Richard forget to tell you I'm her sister? Aish! I'm sorry, he must be starstruck in that moment", Marian threw a sideway glance at Alden, calling her brother by his real name though mostly all of them is used to calling him by his screen name already, who just shrugs in response.

"I'm sure he must have also forgotten to mention that he's Alden Richards, which is the screen name that he uses for he wants to be able to have a name of his own instead to be simply known as my brother..."

"Yes, he forgot to mention". Ah, so that's the reason he uses that name.

Maine knitted her brows and look at Alden. He has been silent on the whole conversation except for the customary greeting earlier, he never spoke a word again and he refuses to meet Maine's gaze. Maine chooses to ignore him as well.

Marian was not oblivious by the two's attitude to each other.

"No wonder, he looks familiar to me the moment I saw him. Both of you, clearly resembles each other", Maine answered.

Alden look at her, "We're brother and sister, that's why", he said sarcastically.

"I can clearly see it, thanks", she said taken aback by the way he said the words to her. He seems to be in a bad mood.

"I wonder," he said raising a brow at her.

That ticks her off. She can't let herself be defeated again. I won't let you get away this time. I'm now declaring that you stole a kiss from me.