First Date?

At the restaurant...

"Ate Pat, do you mind if I leave early?" Maine politely asked Pat who's sitting in front of her, across the table.

The members of Eat Bulaga's EB Babes are busy talking, joking around and eating. They didn't catch Maine's word much except for Ate Pat, the Sugod Bahay Director.

Pat was about to take a spoonful when she heard Maine, "Huh? Why?" she looked at Maine's plate, she doesn't eat much.

"Is there a problem, Meng?" Oreo, a member of EB Babes, asked noticing them. (Note: Oreo is a girl here)

Maine quickly shake her head, "Nothing, I just received a text earlier from my family that they need to see me", she tells them...Hoping that they won't suspect that she's lying, well technically half-lying, after all Alden will meet her with her father.

Anne a.k.a Hopia, another member of EB Babes, answered, obviously she catched up on the conversation,"Omo! Meng, it must be important if they want to meet you at this time of the night."

She nodded. Then look at Ate Pat for approval to leave. Their director silently stares at her and looked at the others that catched up their conversation, they all silently nodded as well. Seeing the others approval, Pat smile.

"Just be sure to return at the condo before midnight"

Maine smile and stand up to give Pat a hug, "I'll be back before midnight. Sorry for bailing on you guys, don't worry it will be my treat next time", she said before leaving quickly.

Before coming out of the restaurant, she fixed her blue sweater and raises its hood to cover her head. Upon coming outside she walked a little until she reached the corner of the street where a shiny black Jaguar was parked.

The window of the car slide down and on the driver seat she recognized Alden. She opened the passenger seat. Quickly slide in and sit at the side of the driver seat.

"Sorry, I've taken so long. This is sudden so I need to asked permission first", she said then turned to look at Alden.

He's also wearing a sweater with a hood only its red and a blue jeans and sneaker. He looked exhausted. Just like her, he too was very busy promoting his new album. This meet up must be really important for him to see her in the middle of both their busy schedule.

"Is everything alright?" she asked. A little nervous since this is the first time they've seen each other since they agreed to date, which by the way haven't started yet due to there busy life.

Alden looked at her. He brushes his hand through his hair and gives his trademark bedimpled smile, where his eye form a slit and his lips smile widely to show his pearly white teeth too.

He looked so cute; Maine can't help but gawk at his face. That's why she was taken aback when he lean closer to her, almost hugging her.

"What?! What---", her words was left in mid-air when she notice that he is only buckling her seat belt.

"We need you to be safe. Don't worry. I'm a good driver", he said while smiling. His face is so near her that she has to hold her breath to keep their lips from touching. She hopes that Alden won't hear the loud thumping of her heart.

Am I nervous? Why am I nervous just by being near him?

When all is settled, Alden started the engine and drive.