I Need To Tell You

Alden stares at Maine's round eyes. The way she said his name makes his heart beat faster. He gulped, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

He took a step backwards. He slowly moves away from Maine, he roams his eyes on the entire room and knotted his brows.

Due to his sudden action earlier, the way he drags her away from the man who was talking to her and taking her as far away as possible, he did not notice that they where in an empty room equipped only with just a couple of chairs, a sofa and a small table. It looks like a small reception area.

He wants to clear his head before talking to Maine again, he must tell it to her directly, now...it's now or never.

It took me this long to finally have a chance to be with her again. I can't let this chance just go by.

He move farther stepping away backwards. Until he reach the other end of the room, with that space between them, he seems to compose himself a little though his heart still keep on beating widely.

He sighed and took a deep breath. Then looked at Maine who was looking at him with a confuse eyes.

How can she be so gorgeous by just sitting there? God, I need to tell her now, or she might be caught by someone...if she's this beautiful even just on this distance.

He shakes his head, what am I thinking? She's gorgeous even though you just saw her once...her face will be stuck on your mind, just like what she did to me...

"Alden..." she said again but there seems to be pain on her voice.

He knotted his eyebrow and before he could think further, the distance he tried so hard to keep was crossed within just a second.

He sits on the sofa, beside her and worriedly looked at her. He was about to hold her hand but he quickly stop himself and just keep his hands to himself.

_ _ _ _ _

Maine furrowed her brows. She's getting confuse on the way Alden is acting.

What's happening? Why all of a sudden he's getting away from me and was not trying to hold my hand?

She firmly closed her lips and turn to just look at Alden's face. His eyes keep on looking anywhere except on her.

Was the words written on the cards not true? Was that why he's acting this way?

She breathes deeply and stands up. She was about to turned to the door when Alden's hands stop her.

"Where are you going?" he asked. His eyes seem to look afraid of something all of a sudden.

She shrugged. "Out"

"Why?"

"Do I have a reason to be here?" she asked though she really wants to stay with him.

"Yes", he paused then said, "me..."

He pulls her hand that made her sit again on his side. This time Alden grasped both of her hand, the way he always do and he stare at her eyes.

"I'm glad...no...I'm happy to see you again"...

Maine raised an eyebrow, "Is that so? I don't see any happiness in your face at all"...

Alden gives her a simple smile, his dimples still showing, it's enough for her to see his eyes, glowing with happiness.

His mood changes so quick. What's happening to him?

"Honestly, I don't know how to react upon seeing you again..." Alden explained.

Maine kept silent and just looked at Alden...waiting for his words.