Chapter 8

Autumn's Pov

I didn't have a good feeling about this, I can't stop playing with my necklace nervously until Percy took my hand squeezed it.

"You ok?" He asked me.
"Ya I'm just a bit tired" I lied.
"I've known you for a long time and I know when you lie" he pushed my shoulder playfully.
"Fine it's just that I don't have a good feeling about this place" I looked around when we entered.
"Hey guys look over here!" I heard Grover say. He was pointing to a a statue like all the others it had a hint of terror in his face. "He looks exactly like my uncle Andrew!!" Grover looked creep out but he was still laughing. Suddenly a women came running screaming about some monster turning her husband into stone. She gripped on Annabeth's wrist and pulled her away from us. "Wait I read something about a woman who could turn people into stone. We're in Medusas lair!" I opened my necklace and took arrow from my quiver to put it in my bow. Percy turned his pen into a sword and Grover well Grover just ran away screaming. Percy and I were back to back keeping our eyes open. "Oh Mary why don't you come here and join the same faith as your husband." We heard a voice hiss. Percy took my wrist and pulled me behind a statue. "Oh and I see that we have guest and they're demigods! I haven't turned a demigod in centuries!" Percy took out his iPod and looked at her thanks to his screen. But she wasn't heading towards us she was heading towards the woman and Annabeth. "O come on open your eyes you know want to. You can't resist for very long." She made her hair, that was made out of snakes, tickle Annabeth's cheeks and the woman named Mary. The poor lady sadly opened her eyes and turned to stone and her hand was still wrapped around Annabeth's wrist. She tried to escape but she was trapped. I saw her eyes loosing her grip. "Run to help Annabeth I'll distract her" I told Percy. He didn't have time to argue because I got up from my statue. "Hey snake pit over here!" I yelled shooting a arrow at her. It touched her elbow and she let out a cry of pain. "Your dead" she ran towards me but I was already running away from Annabeth and Percy. When I was far enough from them I hid behind a plant and waited. "You can't hide for ever daughter of Artemis." She was hitting plants to see if I was behind anyone of them. "Who ever said I was hiding." I grabbed all the courage I could gather and shot 3 arrows at her. I guess she dodge them because I felt her snakes tickle my cheeks. "I heard you had beautiful green eyes let me seen if those rumors are true." She chuckled. "Look up at the moon you will gain power to resist her" it was a women's voice. I don't know why but I felt like I could trust her. I did as the voice told me and when I did I felt my body become stronger, faster and more agile. I still had my quiver around my waist so I quickly took one and stabbed her back. I backed up and turned around. I saw a truck coming and jumped out of the way. I heard a crash and stayed put for a couple of seconds. When I got up I heard a gasps and dared to open my eyes. I saw Percy holding his sword that had a bit of blood on it. I looked down and saw Medusa's head apart from her body. When Annabeth and Grover saw me they let out a gasp.

"Autumn your eyes!! They aren't green anymore!" They yelled at the same time. Percy ran over to me and gave me a hug. "Don't you dare do anything like that ever again." He whispered in my ear. "Now let's see those eyes" when he saw my eyes he looked shocked. "It's true they aren't green they're silver" I ran to the car's side mirrors and when I looked I was scared. My eyes had turned into a light grey not like the usual normal ones but it almost look like real silver.
********************************************************************************************
A/N: omg guys I already got 117 reads and 38 votes thank you so much!

Don't forget to vote and comment bye!