I know you do

"Phil?" Dan mumbles as he enters in Phil's room.

Phil who was just rereading his favorite Stephen King's horror raises an eyebrow and smiles. "Dan? What's wrong?"

"I- it's happened again and I can't sleep.." he whispers and a tear falls down his face. "I'm sorry"

Phil closes the book without even putting a bookmark in it and gets up immediately, then hugs him. "Dan," he whispers.

"What?" he asks.

"I'll let you sleep with me," Phil smiles and gets off the hug. "Until you're feeling better, like always. Is this okay?"

"It's totally okay," he smiles and wipes some tears. "I don't like it, Phil"

Phil says nothing and lies in his bed, Dan does it too and when they're both under the sheets Phil hugs him making rest Dan's head on his chest, caressing his hair.

"Don't worry," he says softly. "I'm here for you"

"Don't stop talking, please"

"What are you feeling?"

"I was trying to sleep but then I felt a fucking whistle in my left ear and of course I started to feel bad because it's so annoying and it made me feel like I'm sick or something. And.. this anxiety fucks up everything because I think I'm going to die," he says in one breath. "I don't like it"

"I know you don't like it," he whispers and giggles. "You're not going to die, the doctor said it's normal"

"Who can say it?" he smiles. "I'm sorry, you can continue to read. You can speak up too if you want, I know you like to talk when you read"

"I don't want to read. My best friend is feeling bad and it would be discourteous, I'm a gentleman," Phil smiles.

"Thank you so much," Dan whispers.

"It's okay, if you need me I'm here. I promised, remember?"

Dan smiles and rubs his forehead on Phil's chest. "I love you"

"I love you too," Phil giggles. "Do you want to try to sleep?"

Dan shuts up for a moment and then answers. "Okay"

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah," he forces a smile.

"Sure?" he raises a brow.

"Yes Phil, I'm okay"

,,,

The next evening, Phil is editing a video he filmed with Louise. Dan was in that video too but he acted really weird and Phil knows that something isn't okay, he wants to help him.

So after an hour the video is ready to be posted and he gets up to take a glass of water and go to check how Dan is.

He knocks and Dan doesn't answer so he guesses he's sleeping, but he goes in anyways.

"Dan?" he raises a brow when he sees Dan seated on the floor.

"Phil," Dan smiles.

"Are you okay?" he asks and approaches.

"No"

"What's wrong?" he says and brings his hand next Dan's, but the younger boy doesn't take it so Phil just sits on the floor with him.

"I was just thinking," he mutters and places his head on his forehead. "Just thinking"

"About what?" Phil asks.