I (don't) need help

Dan arrives at the center of the track where there are things to drink, he's tired and he no longer wants to live. He does not even know why he went to this party when in fact he would only be home to complain of his life. Perhaps because he was forced by his cousin who now will stand out having fun with his girlfriend, perhaps for this reason.

Because he can pretend to others and especially to himself that he has a normal life, maybe he fooled the others but not himself.

In fact, for when it seems fine and he starts to smile for something fun, Dan notices every little detail that makes him remember every wrong thing in his life.

Alcohol makes you forget things, right?

That blue drink is strong and Dan feels it get too fast in his stomach, it has fizzy bubbles and tastes different, strange. He had never tasted one like this.

He sits on a stool as he continues to drink and a guy sits next to him. He looks tired, but smiles and politely asks the boy for a drink. Dan tries to figure out something about him, as Sherlock Holmes does, but he is not Sherlock Holmes and the only thing he can notice is how beautiful he is.

Like, so much beautiful.

wait..

Their eyes make contact and after that the blue-eyed boy smiles Dan looks away, biting his lip.

Finally the boy brings him another glass and he drinks that, he remembers that he should pay so he takes the only bill that he brought with him and leaves it to the guy, who tells him that money is more than the cost. Dan doesn't want the rest of them so took the opportunity to drink a few more glasses.

"Are you okay? You drunk so much since I arrived," the boy murmurs.

"Some problems?" he asks.

"Yes," he says, Dan raises an eyebrow. "You will not understand anything"

"I will be finally free, no?"

"You know," he begins. "I don't think that freedom is to forget the problems for only one night"

"What if you do this every night?"

"You ruin your brain and die," he says smiling. "This stuff is not a joke," he point to Dan's glass still half full.

"You don't know how much I would love to die," he whispers but the boy hears him anyways.

"Why should you die?"

"Why don't you leave me alone?"

"Because.." he pauses. "My brother"

"What?" he exclaims confused.

The boy smiles. "Overdose of alcohol, he left us two months ago. Since that day I promised myself that I would have saved people"

"Why would you save me? I don't need it"

"You say?" he asks and Dan nods. "I think you do, otherwise you would not be here all alone and sad"

"Thanks for reminding me it," he says bored.

"I'm sorry but this is the truth, don't try to hide it with alcohol," he says and takes a sip.

"You're drinking too"

"I drank half a glass in half an hour, in half an hour you will have drained five or six of them," he says. "I'm not your mother and I do not want to do you a sermon, I'm a guy like you. How old are you? Eighteen?"

"Nineteen," he corrects him.

"I'm twenty-one, and if I had a problem at nineteen I wasn't sank it in alcohol"

"And in what? In your friends or girlfriend? I'm alone and no one cares about me, I don't do anything except go to work at that stupid store every morning to earn my food and I have don't want to live, I have nothing. What do you do?"

"Do you need help?"

"I do not even know you, as far as I'm concerned you might be a maniac," he snorts and drink the remaining liquid in the glass.

"For me," the boy says. "A maniac would not civilly speak to you but I would have already hit you"

"Pft," he says and finds the other's hand on his face. "What the hell?"

"You have tears in you eyes"

"Don't touch me," he whispers and walks away.

"You can cry if you want to, I have a shoulder," he smiles.

"I will not cry," he says and wipes a tear. "And I don't see why I should waste my time with you"

"Hey," he whispers.

"What the fuck do you want?"

The boy bites his lip. "I should leave you here alone?"

"Yes"

"That's the ticket," he says and passes it to him. "We have a company and we help young people with their problems, psychologists and all the rest"

"Thanks, but I don't need anyone's help"

"There is also my number," he smiles.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" he chuckles.

"Um," Phil says and he accepts the ticket. "Then will you come to visit us?"

"No, I don't need help"

"Of course, no help. Just friends. I can be your friend," he says and holds out his hand. Dan squeezes it  and smiles.

"I will not bore you? Sure?"

"If I get bored by persons I would not have come to you, don't you think?"

"Are you busy right now?" he asks, the boy's name's Phil shakes his head. "C-can we talk about it?"

"Even through all the night if it can help," he answers and Dan smiles, he stops to look at him for a few seconds because he's really beautiful. Not as beautiful as models or those singers that are fashionable now, beautiful as something to be fully lived.

"Will you hug me?" he asks whispering.

"Do you need a hug?" he asks and Dan nods. Phil's arms are behind his neck and that embrace seems to put the pieces that appeared broken together.

"T-thanks Phil"

"Are you okay?" he asks, he wipes tears with his thumb. "You cried"

"Shut up," he smiles and wipes another tear. "And thanks"

"I'll take you home?"

"Only if we spend the night talking about everything anyone ever wanted to listen by me," he murmurs and Phil nods, Dan smiles.

"I just.. like when you smile"