I'll look after you

"Phil," Dan goes into the other room, holding the hospital's results, his hands trembling.

"Darling," Phil smiles, "What's wrong?"

Dan comes up and takes a look. Phil at first is confused, then he understands and immediately hugs the other, which in the meantime had sat on the bed.

"Don't cry," he whispers and strokes his back, "We will find someone who will give you a heart, and you will live"

In fact, if he had not done a transplant he would have died.

Dan continues to cry and Phil doesn't know what to do. He stops to hug and looks into his eyes.

"I swear to God you will live, Dan trust me, I'll never lie to you"

Dan smiles slightly hugging his boyfriend, "Thank you Phil"

~

Two months later..

"Guys, I hate to say it, but if we don't find someone within a week, he will not make it"

"Sure you have seen in every hospital? Sure that we can not do anything? Don't kill my boyfriend, please," Phil says, and shakes Dan's hand.

Dan is afraid of dying. He doesn't want to be put into a box to rot in a ditch. He just wants to spend his life with Phil.

"We will do everything possible, that's what we can tell," he smiles.

"Dan love, can I talk to the doctor in private?"

"Sure," he smiles and walks away. Phil, shortly after, leaves the room and kisses him.

"What you had to say to him?"

"Only about you, don't worry," he smiles and takes his hand, "Let's go home?"

"Netflix and chill?"

"Yeah," Phil chuckles.

~

Two weeks later..

Phil had spent every minute with Dan. The doctor told him that he would not see him again if he was bad, so he enjoyed every moment. Every kiss, every caress, every word.

"Dan, are you okay?"

"Phil-can-we-go-to-the-hospital please," he says in one breath.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Yes"

"I love you so much. Don't forget this, so, so much"

"I will not forget Phil, thank you for everything. I love you too"

And after helping Dan to get up, Phil made the short trip to the hospital.

"How are you?"

"I don't want to die"

"You will not die, I promise," he smiles.

They arrive at the hospital and put on the stretcher Dan, then take him to a room.

"Wait, can I talk to him first?" Phil ask.

The doctors give him a minute, he takes Dan's hand and caresses it.

"I wanted children Phil," Dan smiles although he has tears in his eyes.

"Really?"

"Yes, I've always liked babies," he smiles.

"Come on, good luck. I love you Bear"

"I love you too," and Phil approaches to kiss him one last time.

The doctors bring Dan in a room, "We have a heart"

"Really?" he smiles.

"Yes, we go," they say.

"That's nice, I will hug Phil again," Dan thinks.

~

Dan was lying on the bed, he smiled thinking about Phil, and when he finally was able to see him again.

A doctor comes, "You look great"

"When can I see Phil?"

"Who is Phil?"

"My boyfriend," he smiles.

"Oh yeah, he left you this," he says and hands him an envelope. Dan, confused, begins to read it. The unmistakable writing Phil.

Hey love
If you are reading this letter you're alive. How are you? I hope good. You must be wondering why I wrote to you, well, first can I say other things?
I love you, you know?
Thanks for letting me live the best years of my life and giving it a sense, because before it had not
You were my first and only true love, and I'll never forget you. I hope for you is the same.
Dan, I'm so sorry. I will not home with you. I know you're crying, but wait. Don't do it.
I'm beating inside you.
There weren't hearts, and you were wrong. So I donated mine.
I know what you're thinking, do NOT make you even come up with such a thing. If you kill your self, you kill the only physical part of me that is still alive. I'm looking at you now, and I'm smiling because I am proud of you and who you are. I am proud of my Bear.
I told your mother to pick you up, you will return to your home for a while. But you promise to make up a new life? I promise I'll always be near you and protect you, I will be your guardian angel.
I love you.
I promised you that you would have lived, right?
I love you so much.
I left you a gift in the envelope, take it after you have finished reading.
I don't know what to tell you, always be yourself, you're beautiful. Now I'm crying too. I will miss having you physically next to me, hug you and kiss you.
Have children of Dan, and call one of them like me, okay? Call your son Phil
I love you so much, bye Dan, see you.

Dan opens the envelope and takes in hand the necklace. It has an engraving on the golden little heart attack over it, "always.", behind is written the date of their first meeting.

Dan is simply shocked. He can't stop crying and shaking. He puts a hand on his chest and listen to the beating of his heart, "Phil, I'll look after you," he whispers.