Things will be alright

"We're home!", I say and I see Chloe on the couch, intents on playing with the phone.

"Hello"

Even Dan enters, and as he looks at the toys all over the sidewalk (Darcy is playing with them), he starts yelling.

"Chloe put them in place immediately!"

"Darcy can do it, I-"

"Darcy has three years, put that butt up and get moving"

Without a word she gets up and goes to put in order them. And Dan goes away.

I say nothing too, and I reach him. He went to the bathroom to wash his face.

I put my head on his shoulder, putting my mouth close to his ear, "It's okay Dan, that job was not important", I whisper.

"Yes it was, how we pay everything?", he says, and starts to cry. He is totally stressed out and tired, I didn't see him like that for years.

"Dan it's fine, you'll find something else. Don't cry or I will cry too", I say and hug him. I feel that he takes my hand and caresses it.

"I need to rest"

"You jump dinner?"

"I'm not hungry"

"Okay, I love you"

"I love you too", he says and I kiss his forehead, then smile.

"Goodnight, Phil"

"Goodnight", I kiss him again, and he is going away in the room.

I go back outside, Chloe is still putting affixed the things.

"Hurry up Chloe, come to dinner", I say and I take Darcy into my arms.

"Why was daddy so mad?", she asks. The I go up to her and stroked her cheek, then kiss her forehead.

"Honey don't worry, he's just tired"

"Because of me?"

"No darling, he loves you. Come eat now", I smile and in the meantime I port Darcy to sleep.

I put her in the crib and I check Dan. He's sleeping. Then back off.

"Honey, you're done?"

"I can't cut the meat"

I smile and I approach, and help her. Then she starts to eat it until it ends.

I'm not hungry too, so I take the plates and put them in the sink. I will wash them tomorrow.

Settled everything and ported Chloe sleep, I put on my pajamas and go to bed myself, trying not to wake up Dan.

Shortly after I feel his arm against my back, "Are you awake?"

"Yes"

He pauses, "Hug me, please"

I smile and I get close, hugging him and leaving him a kiss on the forehead, "Is everything alright?"

"No but it's okay"

"No Dan it's not, just don't think about it", I start whispering as the babies are sleeping.

"Yeah, I will try"

"Things will be alright, I promise"

"I hope"

"Sleep now, you look so tired", I kiss his cheek, "I love you"

"I love you so much, goodnight"

phan oneshots (book one)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें