Rayan...

Rayan.....

Rayan.

I awakened, buried under blankets. I leaned up from where I laid to see Alix sleeping across the way, in her bed. I smiled slightly before getting up and throwing the covers off of my body. I walked toward Alix's bed and began to shake her awake, only to find that her body was replaced by pillows. "Come on, Alix. Where are you?" I called. I walked downstairs, where she wasn't found. I searched the upstairs thoroughly only to find no one. That was when I went into panic mode... I got dressed in my jeans and shirt and shoes, grabbed my car keys, and headed out. I hopped in my car and drove to all the possible places that she could be... 

No where... I found her nowhere... I sighed, beginning to give up until a light bulb went off in my head... I drove to the cemetery... It was a quiet, cool morning... I walked along gravestones only finding Alix, who was still wearing Prod's old hoodie, sprawled on the ground near Prod's grave. I shook her awake... "Alix, come on," I patted her cheek. That's when I realized an empty bottle of champagne next to her. She awakened, her eyes puffy. "How did you get out here? When did you get out here?" I inquired, touching her cheek. "I snuck out after you went to sleep and walked here," she mumbled. I sighed. "Are you okay, at least?" I inquired. "I'm fine," she smiled slightly. "Come on. Let's go home," I took her hand into mine. "No, I'm here where I belong," she resisted me. "Alix, we need to--." "We? There's no "we."... Not any more," she shook her head. "I have Craig, Rayan... There's no we with you and I," she spoke. My heart broke slightly. "Craig's dead, Baby girl," I spoke softly. "Don't fucking call me that, you hear me?" she pointed at me. "Okay, Alix. Just--." "No! No, Rayan! Leave me alone! I just want to be here with Craig, okay?" she shouted at me. "Alix, please..." I pleaded. "Leave me alone," she sighed. 

I felt something telling me to stay. Something said, "Rayan... Stay with her. She needs you. Don't leave her." I don't know if it was my conscience telling me this, but I just felt as though something or someone-- maybe a guardian-- was pushing me toward Alix. "N-No. I'm not leaving," I sat down next to her. "Oh, yes. You are!" she began pushing me. "Alix, calm down," I gripped her wrists and held them down. "I know you miss him, but the only thing we can do is move on," I spoke. "I'm never moving on... I took him for granted when he was here," she spoke. "No, you didn't. You--." "Yes, I did!... I should've never took him to that damn party... He'd still be here, if I didn't bring him," she spoke. "It's okay... Everything happens for a reason, Alix," I replied. There was a brief silence... "You don't know about the dreams I have, Rayan... Every single night is the same dream... Craig is drunk and walking toward that ledge. I'm trying to pull him down, but he's pushing me away and telling me that he's fine. And then, you come up and see what's happening... Next thing I know, I'm holding on to his hand for as long as I can and then... his hand isn't there any more... "Craig! Craig!" I scream...," Alix speaks, zoning out of reality.  I forced her into my arms and held her tight. She cried on my shoulder until she could no longer cry... Once she was done letting her emotions out, I carried her back to my car...

Once home, I made her breakfast as she sat on the opposite side of the island... Her eyes were blank and her skin was pale. Her hair was a mess, but the only thing that seemed in mint condition was Prod's hoodie. That seemed to be the only thing keeping her content, at the moment. I slid the plate of hot food toward her after turning off the stove. She stared at it, not even picking up the fork that I placed there moments before. "Eat up, Alix," I spoke softly. "I'm not hungry," she spoke barely audibly. "You need to eat, Alix," I told her. "Don't tell me what to do," she spoke, still not looking up. "I'm not--." "Why don't you just leave me like you did years ago?" she finally looked at me. "I promised you that I would--." "Everything was just fine before you came into the picture... You ruined the future Craig and I made for ourselves. You're the reason he's gone," she spoke coldly. "Ouch," I thought, my heart breaking. "Don't blame this shit on me, Alix," I defensively spoke. "I'm not blaming you. I'm telling you the truth... There's a limit. There's a line between friend and boyfriend... You were trying to cross that line even though Prod was the main one helping you with your friendzone problems," she kept a straight face. "I already apologized for all of that, Alix. Do you not know how terrible I feel about how things went that night? I understand you're still in the mourning process, but you've got to move on! He's dead! He's never coming back!" I shouted, leaning forward onto the island. She socked me right in the jaw before pushing me back against the stove. I charged toward her before grabbing her wrists and pinning her against a wall.