Chapter 44

Chapter 44

It had been months since Alix's attempted suicide, and the rich kids had never been so close... For the first time, in a long time, they were all geniune friends. It was almost like they were back in their sophomore year of high school... You know, without Craig... Times were still hard for the super rich kids, seeing as though Alix still struggled with getting better, Zendaya and Rayan still didn't really talk, and Jacob was still tripping over Justine...

It was cool outside, and it was late January.. This particular day was a special day for both Rayan and Chresanto. Despite the fact that the boys haven't really spoke to each other like they used to since Rayan was told about Chres and Imani first sleeping together, they've come to an agreement to switch roles for the day. The purpose being so everyone could grow close but not too close... 

Rayan made his way over to Cliffside Malibu, where he was greeted by a pregnant Imani. "Ray!" she wobbled toward him with a smile on her face. "Hey," he smiled, his old feelings for Imani attacking his heart. He was happy to see her, and missed her more than anyone could understand. She looked just as beautiful as she always did when he saw her. He engulfed her into a hug but didn't hug her as he usually would. "That was not a hug, Rayan," she told him. "I don't want to hurt the babies. You know they're due at any moment now," he placed his palm to her stomach. "I know. It's crazy," she shook her head with a broad smile. "Are you excited?" he inquired before sitting on the couch. "I'm nervous," she responded, sitting next to him. "Why?" he asked. "I just want the best for my babies... You don't know how much I need my babies. Even when I first got pregnant, my alcoholic ways just seemed to disap--." "First?" Rayan questioned... Imani's smile disappeared from her face as the thought of Malik crossed her mind. She hesistated to speak, but eventually did with a slight smile. "Rayan... Chres and I haven't told this to anyone," she began by placing her hand on Rayan's knee. "And, I know Chres trusts you enough not to say anything just as I do," she sighed before resuming her struggle to continue smiling. "Um... When Chres and I first slept together, I got pregnant... And, after he reluctantly agreed to be there for me and the baby, everything seemed to fall into place... Rayan, everything was perfect. We were falling in love, and.. and.. everything was sweet... But, then, I had a miscarriage... He told me that we would try again whenever I was ready... I didn't think I'd ever be ready, but look at who we have here," she smiled, patting her stomach lightly. 

Rayan smiled slightly. "They're kicking. Do you want to feel?" she asked, looking up at him. "Oh, I don't know," Rayan smiled and skeptically shook his head. "Come on," she took his hand into hers and placed it onto her stomach. Rayan's hand was shaking slightly before he felt the first kick. A wave surged through him before a broad smile made it's way onto his face. "W-wow," he spoke, astonished by not only the kicking but how quick it attacked his heart with emotion. "D-do you know the sexes yet?" he inquired. "One girl and one boy," she answered... "What are the names you're going to chose?" Rayan asked. "Pharoah and Leilani... Cute, huh?" she spoke. Rayan smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that's real cute, Imani." 

"Hey, uh... Why did you and Chres decide to switch roles anyway?" Imani inquired. "We're just trying to keep everybody together. We were all seperated because we all had that one person that we'd faithfully spend our time with, and the fact that we did that caused everybody to be out of the loop with each other... Like, with Prod... Nobody knew what he was going through even before Thanksgiving unless he told us. And, because Alix was around him 24/7, she's the only one who knew what was going on... Besides, since the whole Alix incident, Chres has wanted to help more than anything with her..." Rayan answered. Imani nodded before smiling at him... "Well, I guess you're stuck with me-- I mean, "us"-- for the rest of the day," she spoke, making Rayan smile...