Chapter 39

Chapter 39

The next morning, Rayan awakened to see Alix sleeping next to him… She wasn’t bare though… What happened the previous night didn’t end as it started off. Everything was going well. Alix told him not to stop what he was doing. He continued before eventually making her face him and picking her up. He sat her on the counter top of the bathroom and began kissing her neck, but she suddenly wasn’t feeling it anymore. She didn’t want to seem as indecisive as she’s been this whole day, and she didn’t want to leave him out in the cold like she’s been doing, but… Something wasn’t right. She didn’t like the fact that they’re first time was about to be in a bathroom… Little did Alix know, Rayan was thinking the exact same thing. They both pulled away from each other, both panting. Rayan’s heart was racing as he looked into Alix’s eyes. He was getting lost in her eyes. He was getting lost just Alix used to get lost in Craig’s eyes. “We should wait,” they both spoke. “Yeah, we should,” they both nodded. They laughed slightly and soon changed the mood to friendly fun.

Rayan snuggled up to Alix, instantly feeling cozier. She turned to face him, her eyes still closed. Her hand found its way to his cheek before she began running her fingers through his hair. Rayan smiled slightly as Alix looked into his eyes. Rayan had butterflies in his stomach as she stared into his soul. He grew a bit nervous also. She smiled at him. “You’re nervous, huh?” she asked. He chuckled and nodded slightly. She smiled wider at him before rising up from the bed and going into the bathroom. While she left, Rayan reached for his jacket and took out his Wisp. He quickly brushed his teeth before laying back in bed. After almost an hour, Alix stepped into the bedroom to find Rayan still lying in bed. “Rayan, get up!” she smiled. “I don’t want to,” he groaned, burying his face in a pillow. “You have to,” she stood on the bed. “No, I don’t,” he muttered. She began jumping on the bed. “Get up!” she spoke while jumping. “No,” he spoke stubbornly. She stopped jumping, kneeling next to where he lied. “Fine,” she spoke before pushing him out of the bed. “Alix, what the fuck?” he laughed before his back hit the floor. “Now, go get ready for school,” she ordered, looking down at him. “Nope!” he spoke, grabbing her hand and pulling her down on top of him.

“Rayan!” she laughed, punching him in the shoulder. He sat up, his hands on her hips and his back against the nightstand. “Now, we’re both down here,” he smiled. She giggled, making Rayan’s heart melt. “Alix…” he spoke, beginning to fiddle with the strings of her hoodie. “Yeah?” she questioned. “I’m sorry about last night,” he apologized, avoiding eye contact by looking at the strings that were in between his fingers. “I’m sorry, too. I’m just hurting and lost right now, and you’re moving a little too fast… I shouldn’t lead you on the way I have been,” she spoke, struggling to gain Ray’s eye contact. Rayan didn’t want her to look into his eyes any more. He didn’t want to see the hurt that was in his eyes. He was hurt by memories and being led on. He was hurt because he was constantly setting himself up for disappointment.

Alix forced him to look at her. Rayan automatically began swimming in her eyes, and he was put in a bit of a daze. Alix, on the other hand, saw the hurt that was in his eyes. “Ray…” she whispered. She caressed his cheek. “You’ve got to stop moving so fast, okay? You’ve got to pace yourself,” she spoke just above a whisper. He slowly nodded before looking down. “I need help just like you… We’re a team, remember? We need to help each other… And all I’m trying to do is help you, Rayan,” she spoke. “Do you understand?” she asked. He nodded, still looking down. She took his hands into hers and kissed his cheek. “Alix?” Rayan started off. “Yeah?” she asked. He was silent for several moments while looking down. After gathering his thoughts, he spoke. “I love you,” he spoke. She smiled slightly before hugging him. “I love you too, Baby Boy,” she smiled, burying her face in the curve of his neck.