Chapter 19 (Part II)

Chapter 19

Part II

Zendaya

Rayan and I hopped into his car to head over to Prod’s house for his little surprise he had for everyone. I wasn’t too thrilled to find out that Chresanto was going to be there, but whatever. I just hope this “surprise” will be worth it. I folded my arms across my chest. “Are you okay?” Rayan spoke, stopping at a red light. “Yeah,” I blankly spoke. “Daya, look at me,” he spoke. I sighed, looking over at him. “What?” I asked. He caressed my cheek with a slight smile. “I know you’re not too happy about seeing everyone that’s going to be there, but… it’ll be over before you know it,” he assured me. “Thanks, Ray,” I touched his hand. “Now, smile… it’ll make both our days go better,” he spoke. I blushed, slipping a smile onto my face. “There we go,” he smiled back before turning a corner.

We arrived to Prod’s house to see two cars parked outside along with Prod’s other various foreign cars. We got out of the car, and before I could even approach the door, Rayan grabbed my hand and caused me to face him. He looked into my eyes before pecking my lips. He looked into my eyes again as if he wanted to say something, but instead zipped his lips and smiled at me. I smiled back and rolled my eyes at him playfully. I rang the doorbell, feeling Ray’s presence behind me. Prod answered the door with a smile. “Hey, Guys,” he greeted. He hugged me warmly before giving Rayan a little “bro-hug”. As I stepped in, I witnessed Jacob. My eyes widened as a smile crept onto my face.

“Jacob!” I yelled, catching his attention. He smiled and opened his arms as I approached him. I hugged him just before spotting Chresanto from afar. I pulled away from Jacob as Rayan handshook with him and gave a brotherly hug. “There’s food in the fridge. Help yourselves,” Craig reminded us. I did just that. I opened the large cupboard and reached for a cup but couldn’t quite get it. I’m tall for my age, but this was just ridiculous. I stood on my tip toes, about to lose my balance at any moment. As soon as I grabbed the cup, I lost my balance and began to fall, but I was caught. I looked up to see Chresanto. “Oh, uh, thanks,” I smiled slightly. He smiled back, showing off his fangs.

Someone cleared their throat, catching both of our attentions. It was Rayan. I stood up straight and quickly began pouring myself a drink. “Yo, what’s up, Man?” Chres greeted Rayan. “What’s up?” Rayan spoke, simply giving him a handshake. “How have you been?” Chres asked as Rayan grabbed a beer from the fridge. “Pretty good. You?” he asked. “I’m good. So, anything happen while we were all separate?” Chresanto asked, looking in the fridge. “Uh,” Rayan started off, looking at me from across the kitchen. By his facial expression, I could tell he didn’t want anyone to know about us yet. I rolled my eyes, took my drink, and left the kitchen.

“Hey, Zendaya,” Imani greeted with a slight smile. I rolled my eyes at her, continuing toward Alix. “Hey, Alix,” I smiled, sitting down next to her. “Hey, Zendaya,” she smiled broadly. “How have you been?” I asked. “I’ve been great,” she answered with a smile. “You look great. You’re glowing,” I spoke. “Yeah,” she blushed. “Oh, wait a minute,” I smiled, “Did you and Prod--.” “I don’t think that’s any of your business,” she playfully spoke. “Oh, well then. Miss—or shall I say—Mrs. Crippen,” I smiled. We laughed before I sipped some of my juice.

From afar, I could see Imani glaring at me. I gave her a cold stare while pursing my lips. Rayan emerged from the kitchen with his beer still in hand. Imani stopped him while smiling. He smiled broadly while nodding and talking to her. I grimaced at the sight, cringing with disgust. Their never ending conversation eventually ended. Rayan approached me as I rolled my eyes. “Meet me in the bathroom,” he whispered in my ear. “Fine,” I blandly spoke. With that, he left the room, and five minutes later, I followed.