Chapter 34

Chapter 34

It was now November, and all of the rich kids were excited for Thanksgiving. They all expected to spend time with their parents and the remainder of their family. It was a joyous occasion, and all of them were planning to party later that night. The party would be hosted by none other than Jacob Latimore, who goes to school with them. It was a party, where everyone was invited, even the kids who weren’t as popular. Jacob, also known as J.L., considers everyone he’s encountered as family, so why not spend the rest of Thanksgiving with your “family” who you met at school?

All of the rich kids were planning on going, even Craig, whose mother hadn’t arrived for the dinner yet. He grew concerned while sitting down at the dining room table. “What if she’s not going to come?” he thought. “Hey, Baby. The turkey’s officially in the oven,” Alix spoke, coming from the kitchen. Craig eased a smile onto his face. “Good,” he nodded. Alix’s parents let her know in advance that they weren’t going to be there, but Alix wasn’t upset, seeing as though she could just spend the holiday with Craig and his family… “Are you sure that you don’t want to eat over at your dad’s? You know that your half brother and half sister want to meet you,” Alix spoke while approaching him and running her fingers through his hair. “It’s always been me and my mom on Thanksgiving. I never want to face him on these so called “family” occasions,” he spoke softly. “Well, maybe that could change. I mean, you see him almost every day anyway,” Alix suggested.

It was true. Craig saw his father at least three or four times during week. Mainly, because he finally decided to take over a part of his father empire. And, it’s been more than stressful since he got there. He barely had time for homework or work at all. He’s even had to miss a few days of school due to the busy agenda of the company. He hasn’t cracked under all of the spine-crushing pressure yet, but he’s sure he will very soon… “Maybe, we’ll go tomorrow,” he forced a smile onto his face. “Yay,” she smiled and kissed his cheek. Soon after, Alix’s phone vibrated in her back pocket. It was Rayan calling. “I’ll take this in the other room,” she spoke. “Nope. Cop a squat,” Craig pulled a chair out for her and patted the cushioning. She reluctantly took the seat while answering the call.

Craig knew about Rayan calling Alix, and wanted to be around every time they happened. He still isn’t too fond of their “friendship”, but he tolerated it only for Alix. “Hey, Rayan,” she answered the call. “Hey, Alix! Are you still coming to the party tonight?” Rayan asked. “Yeah. Are you?” she asked. “Yeah. I just have to avoid Zendaya the whole night,” he spoke. “You guys still aren’t speaking?” she asked. “Of course, we’re still not speaking. That’s what we agreed to,” he answered. “Wow… Two months going strong, huh?” she inquired jokingly. “Hehe, yeah… So, what are you going to wear to the party?” he asked. “I don’t know. What about you?” she asked. “Hopefully, something to match your beauty,” he replied. Alix’s cheeks turned a hint of red as she gave an awkward and nervous giggle. Craig saw her blushing and grew a bit jealous. He clenched his jaw and balled his fists, facing forward in his chair. “I love your laugh, Alix,” Rayan continued to flirt. “Oh, really?” she questioned. “Yeah… It’s cute,” he smirked while speaking. She couldn’t help but giggle again. “You’re silly, Rayan,” she smiled. “And you’re beautiful,” he smoothly spoke. “Heh, heh,” she nervously laughed again, running her fingers through her hair. “I’ll see you later, Rayan,” she began to end the call. “See you tonight… Alix,” he said her name in a bit of a seductive tone. She hung up the phone, staring at it for a few moments. She then looked over at Craig who was looking at her as if to say, “Are you done?” “What?” she questioned why he was looking at her that way. He looked into her eyes for a few seconds before abruptly standing and leaving the room, causing his chair to screech.