Eyes on You 25

Thanks to StarlightHaven for the wonderful banner ^^

***

-Recap-

 “I might be blind at that time, but I could hear you perfectly. I could judge people through their voices alone, Matt.” I explained to him. He nodded and smiled at me. I decided to ask the question that kept bothering me, “Do you see me as her replacement, Matt?”

“What?! No! I really love you, Rose. I won’t do something like that. I’m not the kind of person that playing with people’s heart. I know what it’s like to be heart-broken. It’s painful and I don’t want anyone to experience it, especially because of me.” He explained to me. I was satisfied with his answers. He loves me. That’s what matters most.

We were hugging each other in silence, before we continued our talk.

***

“Do you still love her, Matt?” I asked him.

“I don’t know, Rose. I want to say I don’t, but I can’t. For all I know, she was my first love. She always has a special place in my heart. But, I only love you now. I’m one-hundred percent sure about that.” He answered me. You would think, I would get angry to his answer, but I didn’t. I appreciated his honesty. There weren’t too many men with that wonderful personality nowadays.

I nodded and he hugged me. “So, she was my donor, right? She was really gone?”

“Yes, she is.” He sighed and hugged me tighter. I hugged him back. I knew that he needed my support.

“How do you feel? And Dean?” I was worried. Both of them were really close to her and loved her. I knew that I couldn’t replace her, but a part of me still envied her. I was glad that she chose Dean, or else I couldn’t have the best guy in the world. It might sound cheesy, but it was how I felt.

“He’s not good, Rose. I’m not better than him, but at least, I have you. You bring me back to my feet. Dean . . . he lost everything. His wife. His unborn child. His family.” He told me in a sad tone. “I don’t know what I can do for him. He keep drinking and drowning in his pain.”

“He has us, Matt. Don’t forget Vince too. He loves both of you.” He seemed surprise with what I’d said. I thought that this was the right time to tell him about Vince. I didn’t want to keep anything for him. It would make us fighting later, if I kept hiding the fact that I was in a good relationship with Vince.

“Vince? Do you mean Dr. Jones? My Dad?” He scrunched his eyebrows. I nodded and I bet he was wondering how I knew about their relationship. “How do you know about him, Rose? Do you know that he’s my father?”

I was scared of his reaction, after I told him about Vince and I, but I still told him. “I know.”

“But, how?” He asked me.

I tried to see his reaction, but I couldn’t read it. I sighed and explained to him, “I was in shock after the surgery, because I had a bad memory in hospital.” I took a deep breath.

“Because of your father?” He asked me.

“Yes. And when I broke down, he was the one that found me and cheered me up. We exchanged our past story. At that time, I didn’t know that you are one of his sons. I found out about that just now. He regrets everything that he did, Matt.”

“I know.” Huh? He knew? Did something happen again between them?

“You know? How?” This time I was the one who needed his explanation.

“I met him. I was looking for you and I messed up. He was there and tried to comfort me. If he didn’t tell me to chase you, I might still be there and indulged myself in my sadness.” He looked at me in the eyes, and I should have thanked Vince later. He really helped me. I didn’t think he could, because they weren’t talking. When he found me crying – again, I lost all hope.