Chapter Five (Part One)

Copyright © Rebecca Beatty

All Rights Reserved

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long no posting dates :( I had a job interview that went amazingly well! but i had to turn down because of family issues. Then last night i was on this might high writing kick and i got chapters five (part one and two) six, seven, and eight wrote, all i gotta do now is type them up woo woo woo! lol (if you watch raw you'll know what that means. So continue reading, commenting, voting, and whatever else. Thank so much and I hope ya'll enjoy. BTW! --> That is the song off Nickelback's new album called Here and Now. Personally, I'm a huge fan of theirs and this song was definately what I was listening to, to get all these ideas and chapters done. So....yeah...ENJOY! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I laid awake in my bed staring at the alarm clock that was continuously beeping. Today was Thursday, and honestly, I didn’t feel like going to school, but hey, one more day and it would be the weekend. Every normal child would love the weekend, but me, I had work to do. No normal weekend for me.

I sighed at the word ‘normal’. Normal doesn’t fit my life what so ever. I rolled over on my side and looked out the window covered by lace curtains. Aunt Josie and Uncle Brock was out of town, so it wasn’t like I was going to get in trouble if I skipped or not. I rubbed at my sleepy eyes and sighed. Maybe I’ll just go in late…that’ll be fine…right?

I slung the covers off of me and slowly walked towards the door, but I stopped. I looked over at the window and caught a glimpse of the sky. It was a dark gray with a few black clouds. I sighed and started walking down the hall.

This is not looking like a good day, I hummed.

The cold wooden floors burned into the soles of my feet. My whole body ached from the cold atmosphere that seem to stay close to my body.

Once finally making it to the kitchen, I grabbed the skillet and started making some scrambled eggs. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and sighed as my mind raced back to yesterday’s events. Especially the conversation with Austin.

*Flashback*

“Austin… I think we should talk,” I said calmly as I walked slowly towards the shocked Austin.

“You…you just…you was just a wolf!”

I sighed, “No shit Sherlock, now can I explain---”

“No! I mean…” he shook his head and got up.

“Austin you need to sit down and listen to me---”

“Listen to you!? I got hit in the head with a damn rock by John, William wants me dead! And then you come out of nowhere wanting me to listen to you!?!”

I growled a bit and popped my neck. I had to calm down before I acted more liked a mad fool than a Queen. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, as shallow breathes left my lungs.

Stupid, stubborn, child, I thought.

I heard the mulch beneath his feet swift in a reverse motion. My eyes flew open and my gazed landed on him. He immediately stopped and I could smell his fear. His body language signaled it, his eyes captured it, and his lips spoke it.

“Your eyes…” he stammered.

I glared a bit and I could feel my eyes shifting into that of my wolf’s eyes. “What about them?”