Cold

Three Years Later

I brought my hands to my mouth and huffed a small breath to keep them warm. It was definitely colder in South Korea. The snow was still falling and I was still waiting for my ride to go home. After getting a break, I thought it would be nice to come back and Tiffany pushed me back. She joked saying she didn't want me around anymore. It had been another hour until I saw a car park in front of me. The person got out of the car still having their back face me. My eyebrow's furrowed as the person walked up to me. Then my face lightened up. "Park Chanyeol!" I smiled. He pulled me into a hug. We had been talking over the past three years and it's been helping me a bit.

"It's cold~ Let's go somewhere warmer," Chanyeol whined as he opened the door for me. I sat inside and put on my seatbelt as Chanyeol put my stuff in the back. He finally got into the car and we drove off to a café. "How's Tiffany doing over there?" Chanyeol asked.

"She's the same happy person as ever," I said. "How's..." I paused for a while.

"He's doing just fine," Chanyeol answered. He glanced at me and then went back to the road. He had one hand on the driving wheel and the other one that was free poke my face. "Hey, don't look so depressed. He's been better." I just looked at him and he smiled. I forced out a smile. "I was thinking, how about we go and see EXO." Chanyeol then frowned for a bit. I gave a concerned expression.

"What? Did something happen while I was gone?" I asked.

"You'll see once we get there." That was the last thing he said before he parked his car. I got out and walked into the café with Chanyeol. I looked around until I heard yelling. I looked up and let out a huge smile. I waved at the members of EXO. I counted all of them including Chanyeol, but something seemed off. I recounted and noticed four people gone. I turned to Chanyeol.

"Where's Kris, Luhan, Tao-"

"They left," Chanyeol said. "Baekhyun didn't feel good today so he stayed home."

"They left? To visit China?"

"No, they left. Left the group." Chanyeol sighed. He then brightened up his expression. "Don't worry! Today is about you coming back to South Korea!" He cheered. Something was off about everything.  We walked up the stairs to the top and everyone came hugging me. I let out a laugh. It was an enjoyable time with them, but peopled leaving and one not wanting to come stayed stuck in my mind. I picked up my coffee cup.

"Be careful it's hot!" Xiumin yelled. I had already taken a sip too early and stung my tongue. I winced as I put the cup down. "Are you okay?" He asked me. "I told you it was hot." I just let out a small laugh and everyone followed along. I'm glad I'm back.  

It had been a long day and everyone was leaving for their schedules. I walked with my luggage to my new apartment room. I made sure that my dad wouldn't get in or find me. The next time I encounter him, it would be the end. I turned on the light and was surprised by the sight of the room. It was a huge space. There were leather couches and a huge TV. To my right was the kitchen and to the left was the bedroom and a few other rooms. A bookshelf separated the living room and the dining room. It was the perfect home. I walked into my room and found it to be a nice blue and the bed was themed with nice, silk sheets and blankets. I smiled widely as I left my luggage to jump on the bed. I then stopped when I got a call. "Hello?" I asked as I stood on the bed, letting my feet sink into the memory foam. "Oh yes, this is Moon Yun." I then let my legs rest as I sat down. "Yes, I did send in an application for modeling to your company." I listened to the other line until I heard what I wanted to hear. "Really?! I got the modeling job?! Thank you so much!" The person just congratulated me and told me that the next day, I was going to be at the company at seven in the morning. I hung up and squealed with excitement. This was the best day I've had. Meeting old friends, getting a new apartment, and now a modeling job. It had actually been a dream of mine to be a model. I smiled widely and lay flat on my bed.