I'm Kate, Your Daughter

Damon and Stefan sat in their living room, each drinking a glass of Bourbon. "Everything seems to be coming up Damon," Damon mused.

"Oh really?" Stefan asked.

"Think about it: we got the Originals out of town, Katherine's gone, you and I are back on each other's' good sides, and I've got the girl of my dreams," he explained.

"Don't jinx yourself just yet," Stefan advised.

"What's that supposed to mean," Damon asked, slightly offended.

"I just mean that whenever something seems to be going well for a Salvatore, something comes along and wrecks it. It's just a matter of time before something or someone from our past decides to pay a visit," Stefan explained.

"I'm just going to enjoy being happy while I can," Damon joked, closing his eyes.

A knock on the door halted their conversation. "You gonna get that?" Stefan asked.

"Too busy enjoying life," Damon mused.

As Stefan walked to the door, the knocking turned into banging. He flung the door open, but was shocked by what he saw. He didn't expect to see a young girl standing there. She reminded him of Elena when they first met. She had straight brown hair and olive skin.

"Um, hi. Can I help you?" Stefan asked.

"Does Damon Salvatore live here?" she asked. Stefan mentally sighed. This must be some poor soul Damon screwed over at some point.

"Who's asking?" Stefan questioned. She smirked in a way that was eerily similar to Damon.

"His daughter," she stated simply.

Stefan led the girl into their house. "Damon," he started, "You've got a visitor."

Damon opened his eyes and looked at the girl in confusion. "Who are you?" Damon asked.

"I'm Kate, your daughter," she answered. Damon laughed.

"That's impossible-"

"Because you're a vampire?" she asked. Stefan and Damon stared at her is disbelief. "Relax," she laughed, "I am too."

"I don't have a daughter," Damon said. He didn't know if he was trying to convince the girl or himself.

"Yes you do. Back in 1858 you and my mom hooked up, Genivive," she started.

"You mean that girl who followed Katherine around like a lost puppy?" he asked.

"Watch it, that's my mom. Yes, she and Katherine were close. Anyways, one night you and her hooked up, and now I'm here. I was only six when you two disappeared in 1864."

"Did you stay in Mystic Falls?" Stefan asked.

"No, my mom took Katherine's place in the tomb. Katherine took me with her to South Carolina, but we parted ways when I turned 15," she explained.

"So, what do you want?" Damon asked.

"I need a place to lay low for a while, and I figured I needed to meet my father at some point in my life," she said, examining the paintings on the walls. "This is a nice place you've got here," she complimented.

"How do you even know you're my kid?" Damon asked in disbelief.

"Do you want a blood test?" she asked nonchalantly.

At the hospital

Meredith walked over to the group with a paper in her hands. "Well, the test proves it. Kate is definitely Damon's daughter," she stated. Damon stared at the girl sitting in front of him. Just yesterday everything was going great, and now he has a kid. A living breathing kid has his blood in his body.

Stefan, sensing what Damon was feeling, touched his arm. "You can get through this," he encouraged. "We've gotten through so much more than this. Besides, this could be a good thing."

"How do you know?" Damon muttered.

"Honestly, she might just want to hang here for a while. How much trouble can she really cause?"