Chapter 49

Kendall's POV

I gulped down hard, causing my throat to feel sore. Lauren gave me a smirk as she saw the face I made as I saw her. I smiled at her, failing to speak, Gigi nudged me on the shoulder.

"Ow!" I turned to face Gigi and whisper shouted at her.

"Do you still have your voice box?" Gigi asked me.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Shut up."

Gigi gave me a grin as her reply.

I looked back at Lauren who was now talking to someone else beside her, a guy. I felt guilt inside me, feeling like i've lost the chance to speak to her just because of my stupid nervousness. I waited for Lauren to stop talking with the guy, but after more minutes passed, their conversation went deeper. I sighed, this'll never end unless I end it. I softly tapped Lauren's shoulder, calling her name.

Lauren looked at me and saw my face, and as if she understood me, she excused the guy whose face showed disappointed as she did so.

Lauren looked at me and gave me a smile. "So?"

"Uhhh..." Greet her good morning dumbass! "Good morning!"

Lauren giggled. "Good morning Ken."

Did she just call me Ken?, I thought to myself.

"Yes." Lauren spoke. "I just called you Ken." She gave me a smirk.

I felt my cheeks burning and as I did, I looked down at my feet, hiding the exposure.

I heard soft chortling from behind which made me spring up. I looked behind me and saw Gigi cupping her mouth with her left hand, her right hand resting on her chest.

"What?" I asked her with an annoyed expression displayed on my face.

"Nothing." Gigi shook her head, sniffling with a slight smile still on her face.

I stuck my tongue out at her and she just ignored it. After awhile, she glanced at me and gave me a wink. She then looked in front, facing the blackboard as our teacher just came in.

3rd of November...

After a few weeks, Gigi and I continued hanging out with Lauren during the odd days. Odd days meaning, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Lauren grew closer with us, especially with me. Obviously I was extremely happy, my all time crush is literally just standing beside me almost every hour of my school life. It was Saturday and I was at home doing nothing, until I opened the door to my room...

"Surprise!" Gigi shouted at me. "Surprise!" She shouted again, waiting for my reaction.

I snapped out of my thoughts and I started grinning. "You're the best, I swear."

"I know." Gigi winked at me, handing me the cake. "Ehem." Gigi pretended to clear her throat.

After her pretentious throat clearing, someone came out from behind me and jumped on my back. Luckily, I was able to catch this someone and I held onto her thighs. I felt a soft touch on my temple which sent shocks down my spine.

"Happy birthday Ken!!" That someone on my back shouted, and as soon as she spoke, I knew who she was by the sound of her voice.

When I realized it was Lauren, butterflies erupted on my stomach, realizing she had just kissed me. It's just on the side of your forehead Kendall. I was flying, I was sky high. Lauren let go of me, perfectly landing her feet on the ground. She stood beside me and grabbed my hand, which was hanging loosely beside me. She then looked at me and smiled, her perfect hazel colored eyes going slightly smaller. She then looked at the cake and took a lighter from her pocket. She clicked on the lighter, sparking a fire atop it. She tilted the lighter towards the threads on the two waxy numbers on my cake. Soon after, the threads lit up, causing the shadows of the numbers to show on the cake.

"Make a wish!" Gigi shouted, jumping like a kangaroo while clapping.

I shook my head, smiling. I closed my eyes hard, saying the wish in my head while squeezing onto Lauren's hand. After clearing the wish on my head, I opened my eyes and blew my birthday candles.

Cheers erupted from Gigi and Lauren, I smiled at them. "Thanks guys."

"Thank Gigi." Lauren pointed at Gigi. "She practically did everything."

"No." Gigi spoke. "If it wasn't for facebook I wouldn't even remember your birthday." She continued, laughing as she did.

"Really?!" I rolled my eyes at Gigi's laughing figure. "You suck Gi." I added, sticking my tongue out at her.

"I also wouldn't be able to remember your birthday if Gigi hadn't told me." Lauren spoke, laughing. "So I suck too right?" Lauren looked at me with a smirk.

"Ummm..." Oh shit. Think of something fast! "No, uhh, both of you are cool." I awkwardly smiled.

"Thanks Ken!" Gigi grinned at me.

I sighed, accepting my loss. I hate what Lauren can do to me. I looked at Lauren, giving her a slight frown. She gave me a quick grin and pinched my cheeks.

"Alrighty!" Gigi clapped. "Is lunch ready? I'm starving." Gigi rubbed her belly.

"Yep." I told her. "Let's go downstairs, mom must be done cooking." As I gave my answer, we all heard my mom's voice, calling us for lunch.

Gigi ran downstairs, excited for the food. Lauren walked behind me, telling me to go first as I held the cake near my chest, carefully balancing it as I walked down the staircase.