Chapter 25

Kendall's POV

"Here we are." Dr. Kloss spoke as we stopped in the doorstep of Cara's room. She pushed the door open letting us step inside first.

I stepped closer to Cara as Taylor turned to the other side of the clinical bed. Taylor looked at me with a weary smile, I gave her a smile in reply. I looked at Cara and stared at her eyelids. Her eyes were shut, I guess she was resting. I leaned closer to her and kissed her cheek. Then Cara's eyelashes started to flutter. She opened her eyes and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"K-Kendall?" Cara stuttered.

"Hey Cara." I spoke, placing my hand on hers.

"Are you still mad at me?" She spoke softly.

"No babe no. I couldn't stay mad at you." I said honestly with a weak smile.

Cara stared at our hands and smiled. She then looked up at me with her eyes glistening. She then gazed into my eyes and pulled me close to her embracing me. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I love you Kenny." Cara whispered in my ear.

"I love you too Cara." I sniffed as I felt myself about to burst into tears.

I looked at Taylor and Taylor spoke up immediately. "How are you Car?"

"I'm fine I guess?" Cara smiled at Taylor who hugged Cara.

Dr. Kloss then explained the whole procedure of Cara's operation and her injury, she explained that Cara had a rip on one of the muscles in her shoulder and that they had applied a liquid that could help connect the torn muscles back together and in the end they stitched Cara's scar. After Dr. Kloss finished her explanation, I asked her and Taylor if I could have a moment alone with Cara, and they both nodded and left.

I sat down on the side of Cara's bed, she smiled at me and I looked at her shoulder, it had a bandage wrapped around it with a blood stain on it. I couldn't hold it anymore and I fell apart, my shoulders slumped and my body was shaking, I looked down on the floor with my palms covering my now tear filled face.

"Kenny what's wrong?" Cara said pulling me closer to her, making my head land on her chest.

"I-I can't see you li-like thi-s." I sputtered as my crying ruined my speech.

"Kenny, listen to me, the world isn't gonna change for the both of us. No one in this goddamn world will change for us. People say life is unfair and that is true, cause in the real world nothing is fair. I know this is hard for you but we cannot change the past, yes my shoulder hurts as hell but as long as I know you're gonna be there for me, I will withstand it. Kenny I love you and the world will never change that. No matter what happens under whatever circumstances I will never leave you. So Kenny i'll just ask one favour from you. Don't give up on me please. Most importantly on us. Promise?" Cara spat out all the words that I guess, were circling through her mind since the day we fought and she ended it with a simple question.

I answered with a simple, but yet strong answer. "Promise."

Cara kissed my head which made me relax, she always made me calm and it is true, she was the one who released all the pain that came within me. We stayed like that for a moment until we both heard 3 knocks on the door.

"Sorry ms. Jenner, the visiting hours are over it's already past 9." Dr. Kloss spoke in a soft tone.

"Can I stay here with her please?" I pleaded with Dr. Kloss.

Dr. Kloss answered with a slow nod and with a question. "Do you need a bed ms. Jenner?"

"No need. Thanks doctor." I thanked Dr. Kloss.

"Hey Kendall, you should get some sleep, i'll stay." Taylor popped her head through the slightly opened door.

"No Taylor, i'll stay with Cara. You need some rest after all that shit with Harry." I whispered.

"Are you sure?" Taylor whispered, creasing her eyebrows.

"Yeah. I'm sure." I smiled at Taylor. I mouthed the word thanks. Taylor then left with a wave for me and Cara.

After roughly an hour has passed, I realized that I had drifted off to sleep along with Cara. Cara was softly snoring with her lips slightly parted and her head leaned towards the side. I slowly lifted my head up from it's position on Cara's thigh, careful not to wake her. I was about to get up when Cara muttered something.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

I finally stood up and again, Cara muttered something I didn't quite get.

"Hmm?" I hummed again, moving closer to Cara making my hand brush her arm.

I sighed and was about to go over and sit down on the couch of the room until Cara immediately pulled my hand causing me to fall on her.

"Cara!" I shouted.

"Shh. We're not the only people here love." Cara whispered softly with her voice raspy, eyes closed.

"What were you saying anyway?" I asked Cara, lowering my voice.

"Hmm?" Cara hummed, her eyes still closed.

"You were muttering something while you were sleepiinnggohyeah, nevermind." I said as I realized she must've been sleep talking.

"Babe, I was muttering random words just to get you lean closer." Cara spoke honestly.

"Bu-"

"Wait. Not yet done." Cara cut me off. "So that I could make you fall for me." She continued. I looked at her face and saw a smirk plastered on it.

"You're corny." I shook my head, smiling.

"That's why you're in love with me." Cara spoke proudly. "Please sleep beside me love." She continued pleading.

"Of course babe." I replied kissing her cheek before moving.

I shimmied myself beside her avoiding her injured shoulder. Cara kissed my forehead and muttered a word again. Now I clearly heard what she had said.

"I love you too." I muttered in reply.

I drifted off to sleep with my arms wrapped around Cara and the last words three words she had muttered floating around my head.