Chapter 18

Cara's POV

Kendall was so drunk after we finished dinner. I was too tired to support her if we walk all the way home. So I rang a cab to fetch us and drop us off at my apartment.

"Good evening sir, can I get a cab?" I spoke in a rush cause Kendall was literally so tipsy that she is clung to me and momentarily slipping off my grasp.

"I'm drunk baby." Kendall suddenly muttered extending the sound of the 'y'.

"Yes madam, please give us your address and we'll be right off." The man spoke.

"Shh." I shush Kendall in a soothing way while removing my phone from my ear.

"I'm at The Oak." I placed the phone back on my ear. I was lucky that this restaurant was only one at this time.

"Okay we'll be right off, thank you for calling madam." The man spoke formally.

"Thanks too." I said stumbling with words and hang up as I caught Kendall from falling.

"Who was that?" Kendall muttered as she moved closer to me to keep herself in balance.

"Cab." I said simply.

"Don't send me off baby. I love you!" She said making puppy dog eyes.

"Shh... I won't love." I said with a soft smile plastered on my face. She's so cute I swear to God.

I pulled her closer to me while waiting for the cab. It was roughly 5mins. since the call. I held her close to me as I crossed the narrow street to sit by the bench in front of the restaurant. I sat myself down and Kendall stumbled herself falling on her arse on the hard wooden bench.

"Ouchies." She said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Tsokay." I smile at her and scooted closer to her making her arm touch mine.

She then slowly tilted her head sideways and rested it on my shoulder. I moved my arm which was once touching hers over her shoulder as I felt her shiver. I caressed her arm to keep her warm. I felt her smile on my shoulder which made me smile too. We stayed like this for short minutes and then she started speaking.

"Cara?" I hum acknowledging her to continue.

"Would you still love me the same way now when we grow older and my skin would be more fragile and I wouldn't be able to hug you as tight as I do now. Or maybe if I wouldn't be able to kiss you the same way. Or if I would not be as beautiful as I am now?" She asked with her head still on my shoulder.

I did not hesitate, "Of course I would Kenny. I love you and nothing else matters. As we grow old you'd still be the same Kendall to me, the one who stole my heart from the moment I saw her walk out of that cadillac. I would love you forever. Even when I would die, your heart would never leave my hands. By the way, I bet your kiss would just be the same, cause each kiss you give me no matter what day, hour, minute or second it was in, you always give me the same warm feeling." I said to her reassuringly and truthfully. Even though she was still drunk, or probably partly sober, I knew she heard and understood every word I had said.

I kissed Kendall's forehead and she looked up at my face. She smiled at me softly, pouted her lips and closed her eyes. I gave her the kiss she was asking for and let go after a second or so. I looked back at the streets as she rested her head on my shoulder again. I sigh getting more and more impatient at how long we've been waiting for the cab. It's been about 30mins. and it still hasn't arrived. But as soon as I felt soft lips on my shoulder, my patience regenerated and my mind relaxed. I looked at the restaurant and watched each couple in it. It made me smile of how I see different people from different worlds meet each other and fall in love. I smiled thinking of me and Kendall. The image soon faded as I heard the sound of engine coming closer. The cab came to a full stop in front of the restaurant. The driver immediately greeted me and I forced a smile. He opened the door from my side and as I was about to stand, I heard soft snores coming from beside me. It was Kendall, she had already fallen asleep with her lips still on my shoulder. I smiled and slowly stood up, careful not to wake her. I carried her and sat her comfortably in the cab and went over to the otherside and opened the door myself as the driver closed the door at Kendall's side. I closed the door as I saw the driver walking over to the driver's seat. I told him my address, thanked him and off we went.

We arrived at my apartment 20 mins. later. I payed the driver the amount needed and he nodded at me, showing his thanks. He then opened the door for me and I stepped out rather quickly. I sauntered over to Kendall's side and opened the door. Even though I was effortlessly tired, I smiled softly as I looked at Kendall's peaceful face, deep in slumber, then I picked her up and carried her in my arms. I nod at the driver and thanked him for the drive. He then went off to God knows where. I carried Kendall all the way up to my apartment. She was still sleeping soundly with her head buried on the crook of my neck. I was so tired that at the last step of the staircase I almost stumbled off the edge. But I had taken my balance, knowing that I had Kendall in my arms. I crouch down so that I can release my other hand from my tight but gentle grasp on her and take the keys inside her pocket. I slid my hand slowly in her pocket as I reached for the keys. I hear her mutter something but I wasn't so sure what, I looked at her and saw her cheeks slightly flushed. I shake my head and smile. I was still crouched down and couldn't stand cause if I did, I would not be able to carry Kendall. So I took advantage of my long arms and reached out on the door's lock and I inserted the key, turned it until I heard a click. I turned the knob and pushed the door gently. I stood up and carried Kendall again. I then walked over to the thankfully near couch and slowly laid her there for awhile. I then went back to the door, took the keys, closed the door, locked it and placed the keys on top of the counter top. I slowly walked over to Kendall with much effort, careful not to make loud noises with my heels. I slid my arms below her back and bum and carried her to the bedroom. I laid her down sighing, releasing the air and breathing in much for my lungs. I removed my shoes and Kendall's and placed them back on my shoe rack. I kissed Kendall's forehead softly and I see the left corner of her lips rise, she smiled wearily. I walked over to my closet, taking an oversized shirt for Kendall to wear. I then walked back to her and whispered to her ear softly, making sure not to completely wake her from her slumber.

"Love, please sit up for a bit."

She does as I command. I unzipped the dress she had on and pulled it up leaving her with only underwear. I ogled at her body for a moment and blushed. I decided to put the oversized shirt on her before my brain could have the chance to do something tempting.

"You can lay back down now, love." I spoke softly and gave her another kiss, but this time on her cheek.

I walked over to the air conditioner and turned it on. I then walked over to my closet taking an oversized shirt and a pair of knickers. I walked over to the bathroom careful not to make any creaking noise with my bare feet. I washed my face thoroughly removing all the make up before I brushed my teeth. I then wore the knickers and the oversized shirt. I walked out of the bathroom with a make-up-remover-drenched-cotton in hand. I walked back over to Kendall who was adorably, softly snoring. Luckily, she hadn't placed too much make up and she had wiped off her lipstick after we had eaten dinner. I softly brushed the cotton on her face removing the make up from her face. After I finished, I kissed her lips gaining a soft, slumber filled moan from her. I threw the cotton in the trash and closed the bedroom door. I then laid on my bed and switched off the lamp beside me creating a dim surrounding for me and Kendall. The only light that was visible was from the curtain draped window, where the full moon was shining it's elegance. I pulled the covers up for both me and Kendall and laid my head on my pillow. I then turned my head and watched her angelic face, with her eyes closed, lips parted slightly and her soul had gone somewhere deeper. I grazed my arm on her stomach and pulled her closer to me. I then let her head slowly fall, burying itself in the crook of my neck. I kissed her lips with much affection, then almost immediately, tiredness and slumber took over me and soon after I drifted off to deep slumber with my soul finding Kendall's, meeting in the momentary presence of oblivion.