Chapter 31

Kendall's POV

I was still sipping on my drink as Taylor and Cara had already finished theirs.

"Hey Cara are you gonna have lunch anytime soon?" Taylor asked Cara.

"Umm... Yeah I think so." Cara guessed. "What time is it anyways?" Cara asked Taylor.

"Lemme check." Taylor said, fidgeting with her phone. "11:37" Taylor informed Cara.

"Hmm... Yeah probably, I think they bring my lunch every 12:00 in the afternoon." Cara said, looking up at the ceiling.

"Alright." Taylor said. "Hey, i'll go buy lunch and come back, what do you want Kendall?" Taylor continued, fixing her eyes on me.

"Oh no it's alright." I said, declining Taylor's offer.

"No, really, i'll buy food for the both of us." Taylor said. "Then we can eat with Cara here in the room." Taylor continued.

"Really okay for you?" I asked Taylor.

"Yeah!" She said with a confirming tone.

"Su- oh wait!" I said with an idea popping inside my head. "I know there's a cafeteria here in the hospital." I continued.

"And?" Taylor asked, unable to register what i'm thinking of.

"We could eat in the cafeteria when Cara gets her food." I said. "Then we could go back up when we're done eating." I continued.

"Oh yeah... Okay, we can do that." Taylor said smiling.

"Cara is it alright with you?" I said, turning to face Cara.

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"Me and Taylor will go to the caf-" Cara cut me off.

"Oh yeah! Yeah, sure. It's alright with me." Cara said, turning her head to face me.

"Alright." I said, clapping my hands together. "We're good then." I continued.

I drank the remaining amount of coffee and went over to the trash bin at the corner of the room to throw my cup. I walked over to Taylor who was texting someone, and sat beside her on the couch. I looked over at Cara who continued to stare at the ceiling. Maybe that's the way she thinks, or that's the only time she can think. When she's lying on a bed, staring at the ceiling as if there's something else beyond that other than numerous more floors of concrete.

I sighed deeply. Thinking of how I wished Cara and I could go back to the way it was, when we slept together, either in her apartment or mine.

I remembered the time when we first met, at that bar, where a buff man just went over to me and told me about the girl who hasn't taken her eyes of me ever since she stepped inside the bar. I remembered how I went over to her and talked to her, her eyes gazing through mine, examining my thoughts.

Cara's eyes have a certain undefinable sparkle in them. Alluring and sensual, with a touch of mischief. The green in them sometimes overlapping the blue, but other times, it was the other way around. Her eyes were undefinable, you never knew what they wanted, like the color in them depended on what her heart was feeling at the very moment.

I just love it when her eyes gazed through mine. It was never boring to just stare through Cara's eyes. They had the power to make you weak at times and the power to make you strong and even the power to make you fall for them. I remembered that night in my car, how I looked out the window, just to avoid staring back into those beautiful eyes of hers. Every memory takes me back to another, like this memory brings me back to that night she confessed her feelings towards me. I remembered how the glint from the night sky shined through her light eyes. The pure simplicity of pain and joy rushed through me all at once as she stared hard at me. The beating of my heart sounded so loud, I felt the sudden need to hide. But her light eyes kept staring at me, perfecting my every move, waiting for my reaction.

I would never forget that day, she was the one who had enough courage and I let her down. But now that I thought of it, it was all meant to happen. All that pain and sorrow had led to this, my relationship with her was strong. Not even the heavens could break us apart.

"Hey, Kendall." Taylor whispered and poked my arm.

"Huh?" I shook my head, removing myself from my thoughts. "Yeah?" I looked at Taylor.

Taylor pointed at Cara, making me look at her. Cara was sleeping, her mouth slightly parted as always. I smiled at how cute she looked, again, as always. I looked back at Taylor who smiled at me. I smiled back at her, and that was the end of our Cara-is-sleeping conversation.

Suddenly, I heard soft knocking on the door. I took the urge and stood up opening the door. A nurse came in, carrying a tray of food. I guess it was already lunch time. The nurse smiled at me and stepped inside, placing the tray on Cara's roller table, taking the tray that was there from Cara's breakfast platter. I bit my lip remembering the time we had in the bathroom, Cara forgetting to call for the nurse to clean up.

As the nurse was about to leave, I recognized her, so I mouthed the words thank you Linda as she nodded towards my direction, gave me a smile and left, slowly closing the door behind her.

I walked over to Cara and whispered beside her ear. "Babe, you have to eat already."

Cara's eyelashes fluttered as she had woken up. She gave me a weak smile as she blinked rapidly, removing the sleep from her eyes. She sat straight up and I pushed the roller table near her. She eyed her platter and licked her lips.

"Yum. I can't wait to dig in." Cara spoke rubbing her belly.

I snickered at her actions. "Hungry?" I asked her.

"Very." She said, taking the utensils in her hands.

"Hey, Taylor and I will go eat too alright?" I informed Cara, kissing her forehead.

"Mhmm!" She said cutting up some meat.

"Be right back babe." I told her calling towards Taylor who stood up immediately.

"See ya Cara!" Taylor greeted Cara.

"See ya guys latur." Cara winked, chewing some of her food.

I opened the door as both Taylor and I walked over to the elevator and headed towards the cafeteria.