Chapter 3

Cara's POV

"Thanks for the milkshake." Kendall smiled at me while looking at... My lips?

"My pleasure." Well it really is, I thought while smiling.

There was silence for awhile, our silent breaths between us. I then decided to speak. As if I would lose the moment if I wait any longer.

"Hey, umm... I'll drive you home." I said to her.

"Are you sure? You seem very tired." She replied worriedly.

"Yeah... It's okay." I said simply.

"Okay then." She told me.

We walked beside each other towards the car, our hands almost near as if only one move would let them magnetize. I slowly move my pointer finger to her hand and smoothly intertwine our hands. I felt her hand shake and slowly relax, like my hand was a lightning strike and hers was a steel rod, slowly absorbing the electricity I flowed in her. I unlocked the car and opened the door for her as she sat down. I went over to my side and went inside the car. As it started it created a little grumbling but soon dissolved. I drove silently as the wheels of the cadillac run through some of the water puddles created by the showers of London.

"Should I pass by the bar?" I asked her as I shifted the gear.

"Yeah, my apartment is near the bar." She replied. I drove towards the bar and she tapped my shoulder.

"Turn right there, just after the bar." She instructed. I nodded. I placed my palms on the top of the wheel and turned it to the right. I shift the gear once more as she told me to turn left. I turned the wheel to the left and drove straight ahead.

"Okay okay. You can stop here. Just park the car in front of that apartment." She told me, pointing at a white painted apartment. It looks quite new. It's walls haven't cracked yet. I parked the car and took the keys out. We both went out of the car and she started to walk towards her entrance door. She unlocked it and before she could twist the knob I speak immediately.

"Hey umm... Are you free anytime soon?" I speak a little nervously while scratching my nape.

She looked at me and lowered her hand which was about to turn the knob. "Why?"

"I was wondering if... You know... If I could ever see you again..." I said shyly.

She smiled. Her smile was sweet that it melted the nervousness I felt tingling all over my body.

"I'm not sure..." She said to me.

"Okay then..." I simply say.

"See you around? Cara?" She asked me.

"Mhmm." I nodded.

She curled her fingers on the door knob and twisted it. The door slowly opened and she stepped inside but she turned her head towards me while her hand was holding the door knob. All I could see was her shadowy figure, perfection. I smiled even though my mind was full of sorrow. She waved her shadowy hand as I waved mine which was lit up by the lamp post behind me. She slowly closed the door, it felt like she was slowly closing the gates that my heart opened for her. I turned around and inhaled the cold air and exhaled as the smoke flowed out of my mouth. I started walking from side walk to side walk and road to road until I reached my apartment. My body was sore and I need rest. I entered my apartment and boiled some tea. While I was waiting for the kettle to make the noise, I got ready for bed. I was wearing my lousy fitted pajamas and as I went out the bathroom door I heard the kettle whistling loudly. I poured some tea in a cup and slowly sipped as I felt the warmth of the liquid flow through my sore and freezing body. When I finished my drink I placed the cup in the sink and walked towards the bed. I dropped my whole body on the bed and curled up as the blanket tangled up my body. I grabbed the pillow and pulled it under my head then after awhile, my eyes failed to stay open.