Chapter 21

Cara's POV

I woke up to the sound of running water. I sat up straight and looked beside me, no sign of Kendall. I then realized the sound of running water was coming from the shower and considering that, Kendall was already taking a bath. I stood up from the bed and walked over to the kitchen while rubbing my eyelids. I took a mug and placed it on the kitchen counter. I then opened the fridge and pulled out a big bottle of fresh milk. I poured some in the mug and placed the milk back in the fridge. I took the mug and began to sip as I leaned on the kitchen counter. I looked at the wall clock and realized I had to get moving. I chugged down the milk and placed the mug on the kitchen sink and walked back inside my room. There I saw a towel wrapped Kendall biting her finger nails while staring at my closet.

"Babe help me choose. I don't know what to wear on a double date..." Kendall spoke as she turned to look at me.

"You don't have to wear anything formal love." I walked over to her and kissed her cheek. "I gotta take a bath already." I continued as I walked towards the bathroom and shut the door.

As I was inside I took all of my clothes off and began to brush my teeth. After that I jumped in the shower and turned on the water. As the water touched my skin I stood there frozen and then my body relaxed after awhile, adjusting to the freezing water. I scrubbed myself up after I shampooed and conditioned my hair, I rinsed off and stepped out of the shower. I grabbed my towel and started drying myself up in a fast pace. I wrapped myself with the towel and stepped out of the bathroom with a Kendall wearing only laced underwear and a pair of glasses with a book held by both her hands.

"You should get dressed love." I spoke.

"Mhmm." Kendall hummed at an annoyed tone.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Ask yourself what's wrong." She closed the book shut and fixed her eyes on mine with a glare.

"What?" I asked. "I just came out of the showe-" She cut me off.

"You don't even have time to help me out on my clothes when you're the one who scheduled the date!" She pointed out.

"Come on babe. I was on a ru-" She cut me off again.

"Don't!" She shouted.

"Don't wha-"

"Just stop talking. I don't want to hear your excuses." She said opening the book again. "Go to the date by yourself." She snapped.

"Kenny please don't do this." I said. "I'm sorry okay?" I apologized.

No answer.

I then decided I had to stop bugging her or things will get worse. I took some clothes including my beanie and wore them, took my backpack, swung it over my shoulder and walked out of the room taking the house key with me incase Kendall decides to leave.

I texted Taylor as I stepped out of the apartment, to tell her i'm on my way and I placed the phone back inside the pocket of my jeans as I blew cold air out of my mouth as I exhaled. I then placed my freezing hands inside the pockets of my jacket and started walking towards the restaurant where we were going to meet.