Chapter 29

Kendall's POV

I closed the door of Cara's room and walked down the hallway, as I reached the elevator I pressed the down button and waited for the elevator doors to open. While waiting I was again thinking about Cara. Ting! The elevator sounded, snapping me out of my thoughts, I stepped inside and pressed the button with a letter G. When I felt the stop of the elevator, the doors opened and I went out pocketing my keys from my pants.

I stepped out of the hospital building, breathing in some air and letting out a sigh of relief. I saw my car, still parked at the hospitals entrance. Not to sound holy, but maybe God knew I was going through something bad. I was lucky my cadillac didn't get towed. I unlocked my cadillac and sat down, starting the engine while leaving the door open for awhile. I gazed at the hospital building, examining it from top to bottom, remembering that time of the afternoon where I had rushed inside just to see if she was okay.

I closed the door of my cadillac when the temperature felt right. I remembered how Taylor told me about what Harry had done to Cara, my heart turned as cold as ice that I could've shot him with a bullet. But it was useless, it's useless to waste a bullet for someone who had no one to care for and it was useless cause Cara was already hurt, it wouldn't make any much difference. I placed both my hands at the top of the steering wheel gripping on it hard that my knuckles had turned pale. I shook off my thoughts about Harry and pressed on the engine with my foot, driving off.

As I arrived at my apartment, I unlocked the door, stepped inside and closed the door. I went straight to my room and stripped my clothes off, leaving me with my underwear. I laid down on my bed, feeling the cold of the bed sheets under my skin. I smiled at the comforting sensation I was feeling. I breathed in and stood back up and walked over to my closet, picking out clothes. I took a pair of black pleather leggings and a white polo that had an open cut from the neck down to just about inches down my chest. I slipped the polo on and shimmied into the leggings. I then wore low cut black fur boots. I took off the tie from my hair making my hair flow down my shoulders. I combed my hair with my fingers and tied my hair up to a high ponytail. When I was done dressing up, I took my ready made bag and stepped outside of my apartment.

I started the engine of my cadillac and drove straight towards the hospital, before reaching the hospital, I caught a glimpse of a coffee shop and stopped by, parking my cadillac just outside its entrance. I stepped inside of the coffee shop buying a cappuccino for myself and a hazelnut latte for Cara, I was about to pay until I remembered that Taylor was in the hospital too, so I just added an espresso for Taylor. I told the barista that my orders were all for take-out, she nodded and I payed for my orders, took my receipt and waited for the barista to call my name.

I walked over to the empty couch near a small window of the coffee shop, I decided to text Gigi while waiting, I missed her, we used to hang out alot when we were young. She was always there for me, but I decided to move to London and our connection just broke, but I knew she still missed me, she just didn't want to disturb me. I also knew that our connection never really "broke" and I knew that when I would visit New York again, it would just be the same old Gigi, waiting for me to arrive at the airport.

Gigi H

Heyyy Gi, how's life?

As I waited for her reply, an immediate downpour hit the streets of London. Droplets of rain trickled down the window of the coffee shop making tapping sounds. I loved watching the rain, especially inside a coffee shop. I felt a vibration beneath my fingers. I looked at my phone and there it was, a message from Gigi.

Hey Ken!!! Life's been alright, but I miss you so much!!

I smiled at her reply, told you she missed me.

Awww... I miss you too Gi!

After about two seconds I got an immediate reply from her.

Hey maybe I could visit you sometime?

I felt excited, I knew life would be easier if Gigi was around, and obviously life would be much more fun.

Sure!! I'll be looking forward to that.

I guess she was also excited, cause her next message was pretty straight forward.

I'll text you when i'll be there! See ya soon Ken!

I shook my head while displaying a grin because of the excitement that coursed through my veins.

Alright! See you soon Gi!

I turned my phone off and placed it inside my bag. I tapped my fingers on my thighs, waiting for my name to be called. I looked up to the blurry sky outside the window. Somehow, most people get really sad when the rain pours down, but me, I either get nostalgic or calm. Maybe that's why I moved here, London had showers most of the time.

"For ms. Kendall!" The barista shouted, calling out my name from the paper cup.

I jolted up from my seat and walked over to the counter, showing my receipt to the barista who checked my orders. She read them out while placing them one by one in one of those cardboard cases for those paper cups. She stamped my receipt and handed it to me along with my orders. I took my orders with a smile and she smiled back and greeted me with a come back soon. I pushed the door open and walked fast over to my car balancing the drinks, carful not to spill them.

As I entered my cadillac I was a little wet, luckily my pleather leggings didn't absorb much water. I placed the cups of coffee beside me on the front passenger seat. I clicked on my seatbelt and drove off towards the hospital with the rain trickling down the windshield of my cadillac.